HELP! 2 Months post-op... What Fruits can I eat!?

Teapooch
on 4/6/14 11:07 pm - Canada

I am dying for some fruit but don't know what I can have and can't get ahold of my nut. Do any of you all remember what fruits you were experimenting with that worked for you at 2 months post op?

Patm
on 4/6/14 11:33 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sugar free apple sauce. At this point most fruits will need to be mushy still

Needanewbeginning
on 4/6/14 11:35 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Here is a great book written by one of our centres surgeons and dietician. Very helpful book. 

weight-loss-surgery book

At this stage I still ate apple sauce, then added canned (in water) pears, peaches. Started strawberries, blueberries. I didn't crave anything to be honest. 

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Caroline K.
on 4/7/14 4:40 am

Sounds about right. Low glycemic fruit would probably be a good idea, and be careful of skins/seeds.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

19star71
on 4/7/14 12:19 am

I'm confused. At 2 months out you should be passed the mushy stage of everything.

I've steered clear of fruits like pineapple and oranges, but that’s more a personal preference.

I eat apples without the peel, grapes( but just a few), bananas, peaches, melons, etc.

Surgery done by Dr Gmora at St. Joe's in Hamilton. Feb 3/14-- Pre opti weight: 327. Feb 19th --Day of Surgery weight: 308.  Current weight :175

Teapooch
on 4/7/14 12:22 am - Canada

Awesome! Thank you :)

Catw
on 4/7/14 2:22 am - Arnprior, Canada

You can probably have any soft fruit.  Apples still give me problems unless they are cooked or are paper thin.  Try small amounts of things first, see how your stomach tolerates them.

Cathy

Hennagirliegirl
on 4/7/14 3:07 am - Canada

You should be trying all fruits, peel apples otherwise get going! You may find the odd one that doesn't agree with you but you'll never know unless you try.

Have fun trsting them all out!

Test

Mary A.
on 4/10/14 2:06 am

Be careful how much you consume of fruits, we often don't think about dumping when we eat two handfuls of strawberries.  have a look at the following page part way down.

.it shows a wonderful chart on the amount of sugar(s) in fruits...if you would like better stats just google (sugars in fruits)

https://drgullo.com/diet-resources/food-list/feeling-the-winter-blues-treat-seasonal-affective-disorder-by-avoiding-these-foods/

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

dragongirl_76
on 4/11/14 1:08 am

i was told that not many people can tolerate fruits after surgery because they are high in sugar, even though it is natural sugar.

also, that skins can be very hard to digest.

personally, i cannot tolerate anything but berries at 7mos out. i did try apples, pears, melon, and bananas but they all made me feel sick.

Most Active
Recent Topics