1 month post operative check up

providence
on 4/21/14 2:03 pm
RNY on 03/20/14

Hello all. I have a question in terms of the 1 month post operative check up. I had surgery in Ottawa, however have been transferred back to the Kingston clinic as I live in Kingston. What happens at this check up? How long of an appointment is it? Do they check your blood work? Also, is this where one would discuss going back to work? I am still feeling very exhausted and low energy and am wanting to inquire about doing half days upon my return to work. While I do not have a physical type job, I do need to be in fine tune in terms of using my head/critical thinking and problem solving and this exhaustion I am feeling is interfering with this. Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

Jiliana2
on 4/21/14 10:20 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

I know that for my 1-month post-op check (which actually occurred around the 6-week mark), they had given me a requisition for bloodwork at the hospital at my 1-week post-op check and I was to go get the blood work done about 5-7 days prior to my appointment.

I didn't have any discussion about going back to work; I was back at work at the one-month mark but I didn't have any complications. If you are experiencing problems, you should speak to them about this and together you will find the right path for you. I know I was only tired for two weeks or so, and certainly by week 4, I had no problems and could have gone back to work. If you are still tired, and don't have energy, you may need to explore why this is. Are you getting all your vitamins and minerals? Are you having all your water and protein? Are you walking or getting some light cardio exercise? All those things contribute to the return of the energy levels so something may be amiss if you are doing all these things and still aren't feeling up to snuff.

Wishing you luck as you and the Kingston clinic sort it all out. I hope you are feeling more like yourself soon.

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Most Active
Recent Topics