For the post ops

Robyn R.
on 4/23/14 8:37 am - Bowmanville, Canada

Did anyone suffer from the 3 month blahs?  I have no regrets, down 67lbs in 3 months. Just feeling withdrawn & blah. Hubby asked me if I was depressed & he might be right.  Just wondering if anyone else felt this way

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

LittleMiss2013
on 4/23/14 8:53 am, edited 4/23/14 8:57 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Yep I sure did....and it turned into a bit of the 4 month blahs too, lol. I also went through the "I don't want to eat ANYTHING" stage, the "Omg I'm not going to lose anymore weight" stage.....and I might be coming back to a bit of the blahs again.

I really think there are a LOT of stages that appear and reappear throughout this whole process. Many "side effects" and up's and downs. The last 3 weeks I had a "feeling good" stage though.

3-4 months and into my 5 months...no one really noticed anything about my weight...no one was really saying anything. Then all of a sudden...BAMN. EVERYONE started stopping me, asking me, commenting...literally overnight. Think the no one noticing lead to a bit of the "blah" feeling.

Could also be the weather changing. Whenever there is a change of seasons I get blah. It's been rainy and dark lately which tends to make people tired and ...blah. It will very likely pass though. Keep a journal of your ups and downs.....it might be helpful to read back and see where you've been. I hope it goes away quickly for you though. Hang in there =)

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Katie M.
on 4/23/14 9:49 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I had the two week blahs, the three month blahs, now the six month blahs. I saw my dr yesterday and mentioned it to him, he thinks it's probably linked to hormones levelling out as we loose fat. Which is a good thing, I guess!! Hopefully you'll feel better soon, just stick to the plan. I found exercise at three months really helped pull me out of my funk. Just walking for me. Also even though I was trying not to spend money on clothes I wouldn't fit in to two weeks later, lol, I bought myself a whole new outfit. That lifted my spirits and reminded me of how well I was doing. 67 lbs in three months is amazing - keep at it! Do an inventory of all the ways your life is changing and that might help your mood too :)

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Most Active
Recent Topics