protein powder

on 5/9/14 8:59 am - Canada

What does everyone recomend for the best tasting protein powder.  Right now im using body fortress but I cant find flavorless I've got chocolate right now.  Any ideas  :-)   Val

reliena
on 5/9/14 9:04 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 05/06/14

I'm just starting on full fluids today, but I've been using the Bulk Barn Plain Whey Protein 90% Powder that they sell in bulk for adding to almost everything. It behaves a little oddly in hot stuff, but I think I just need to play with it a bit. Maybe mix it with a little water first? I added it to my strained cream of chicken soup and I can't tell it's in there at all, ditto with the greek yogurt. I can't believe how easily satisfied I am with these plain foods in small amounts! Honeymoon period is right!

Referral 08/13, Orientation TWH 09/18/13, SW 09/26/13, NP 09/26/13, Surgeon Appt 12/13/13, MRI 01/06/14, Nut Class 01/14/14, Nut 01/20/14, Scopes 02/21/14, Psych 02/25/14, Dr. Urbach 03/28/14, PATTS 04/15/14, SURGERY 05/06/14!!! 

on 5/9/14 9:12 am - Canada

Hey Reliena how you feeling?  Would that be a whey isolate powder?  Im looking for one that I can add to anything.  For drinks I have chocolate but up till now ive been using powdered milk fat free.  Val

reliena
on 5/9/14 9:21 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 05/06/14

Yes, it's an isolate powder, and it's unflavoured. I've added it to soup and yogurt so far, I can't taste it! It's pretty high in protein, I think. Others recommended it. It's cheaper than a lot of others because it's bulk.

I'm feeling good, just sore still, maybe more sore than most because of the gallbladder removal? Mostly in the left abdominal area. I'm not too tired or hungry, just chugging along trying to get in all my nutrients and supplements and water. It is a chore, but I'm happy to do it!

How are you doing so far? Are you still on full fluids?

on 5/9/14 10:49 am - Canada

Nope I've moved on to pureed foods.  Mmmmm yummy.  I was doing well untill about a week ago and then the pain started to get bad on my left side.  It felt like I wa**** by a truck my daughter told me that they have to cut the muscles to get the scopes and stapler in so once I knew what it was I was good with it.  Feeling good now. Im trying to add more protein.  Im glad you are doing well and you say this powder is from the Bulk Barn im going to Subdury in June and I will get some.  Chat again soon

reliena
on 5/9/14 11:07 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 05/06/14

Oh jeez, that's too bad (about the pain and the wait to get to Bulk Barn). You might consider finding one online? You'd get it faster.

I've got the most pain in my lower left side as well, and yes, it's from the muscle cutting and moving. For me the other issue is the pain in the back from not being able to straighten up all the way, due to the ab pain. But it's not the worst, and I'm okay to take painkillers for awhile. I plan on switching to Tylenol by the start of next week.

on 5/10/14 12:29 am - Canada

Good move because I dont know about you but they really did number on my bowels.  Never been bunged up so bad as I was on those pills.  Glad to say all is well now. Maybe ill look on line  thanks  :-)

reliena
on 5/10/14 12:39 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 05/06/14

You won't believe this but I have actually done okay bowel wise! I was shocked to be able to go by yesterday morning. Not as per normal, but with the stool softeners they made me get I can't complain too much. I will try to get off the narcs as soon as possible, but I do feel like the pain is just a tad too strong for Tylenol just yet. I hope you're "regular" now! Constipation is no good!

Most Active
Recent Topics