tired of waiting and having second thoughts again :(

taniagirlca
on 5/13/14 9:48 am

So I am waiting patiently for my surgery date, but as the wait gets longer (two months now since meeting the surgeon) Im having second thoughts again. Wonder if this is normal... so frustrating

SulowskiT
on 5/13/14 10:15 am

I would call the clinic and ask in a  friendly way, when you might expect a surgery date.  Not sure what Center you are going through but that worked for me. I also let them know I don't work In the summer so they were very accommodating In scheduling my surgery at the end of June, after my meeting with the surgeon In April. Good luck! 

charminglearner
on 5/13/14 11:34 pm
RNY on 10/27/14

I don't work in the summer either.  I was put on a cancellation list with a surgery date of October 28, 2014 at HRRH.  I wish I could have it done in the summer!

SulowskiT
on 5/14/14 1:32 am

I will cross my fingers for you that you get an appointment this summer!!!

charminglearner
on 5/14/14 3:39 am
RNY on 10/27/14

Thank you!

Zizzler
on 5/13/14 11:11 am

I have had those same doubts, I think it is normal to have doubts when the process is agonizingly long.  Every once in a while I start thinking "why am I going through this crazy process again?"  Would creating a list of pros and cons help you through the second thoughts?  Maybe write them down so you can refer back to them along the way?  I hope you hear from them soon.  Msg me any time if you would like. 

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

on 5/13/14 11:22 am - Canada

I waited 2 yrs and I did question if I really was doing the right thing but when I went for my pre op visit I knew it was the right choice for me.  After living my life trying to please and do for everybody else this was finally for me.  Its about time that I gave this gift of life to myself.  Im now 3 weeks post op and am so glad I did it.  You will be too.  Just do it Hun  you got this!  Keep your eyes on the prize.  :-)  Val

aamber02
on 5/14/14 2:48 am

I met with the surgeon in Ottawa around the same time as you and I am going through the same thing. I know I want this surgery, I've fought hard to get to this point (as have you) but the second thoughts are kicking in.

Personally, for me, I view it as just another means of self sabotage. I have been on how many diets and exercise regimes and they never worked because in the end, I would self sabotage...not feeling like I was worth it or that I was silly for even thinking I could have the control to maintain it.

If you really do want this, you'll rock it. It's hard to break the cycle but you deserve it and you are worth it!!! Message me if you ever feel like chatting.

Referral: July 11, 2013         Surgery: July 14, 2014

Julie99
on 5/14/14 9:05 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

We are all in the same boat.  For myself, I'm lucky I don't have any health issues beside being morbidly obese.  What worries me is that maybe after surgery I could end up with complications that are out of my control.   But then I think I want out of this prison, I want to stop being afraid and stop depriving myself from doing stuff and going places because of my insecurities.  Most specially I want to be healthy for my 2 boys.  We all have our doubts but I think in the end we tried everything and we all deserve a chance. Hang in there, you're almost there.  And at the end, we'll tell the world it was the best decision we ever made for ourselves.  Let's do this!!!

Referral: June 26, 2013  Confirmation: July 4, 2013  Orientation(OWMC) Sept.13, 2013  Nurse: Dec. 3, 2013  Nut/Beh: Jan. 28, 2014  Pre-surgical class: Feb. 26, 2014  Meet Surgeon: March 18, 2014  PAU: July 11, 2014  Surgery with Dr. Yelle: Aug. 11, 2014              

Most Active
Recent Topics