3 weeks post-op today...Stall???

jennie_jay
on 5/22/14 11:24 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 05/02/14

So today marks 3 weeks since surgery. On the day of surgery I was 281.8lbs. During the first 2 weeks I was loosing about 1lb a day. Last Friday I started puree and I was 262lbs. This morning....still 262lbs! What the heck?!?! I do weigh myself everyday and the scale never changed this whole week. Any ideas why? I'm following the program....getting all of my protein in almost everyday as well as water and vitamins. 

Is it because I introduced "real" food? Has this happened to anybody else? 

Cheers

HW: 321lbs (Nov 2013) SW: 313.5lbs CW: 237lbs and counting.... 

RNY: May 2, 2014 - Dr. Sohi @ HRRH

Karen M.
on 5/22/14 11:36 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Has this happened to anyone else? Hell yes, it's happened to EVERYONE else. This is completely normal. Right now your body is in a bit of shock and trying desperately to hang on to any nutrients and fat in your body. The stall will pass and you'll continue to lose.  This is your first stall and will NOT be your last one. It's normal, not just for us surgery-types, but for anyone trying to lose weight.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 5/22/14 11:37 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

oh gosh, Karen, the inevitable "3 week stall" question.

Karen M.
on 5/22/14 11:41 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Marny B.
on 5/23/14 12:03 am - Canada
My whole journey was fuuuuuuull of stalls. I'd lose consistently for a couple of weeks, then a couple of weeks of nothing. You may find that your experience is similar. I would feel worried during a stall, thinking I wasn't going to lose as much as others. In the end, it still amounted to 160 pounds lost in just over a year. My point is that it can be hard to see the bigger picture when you are living it day to day. Are you tracking it on your OH ticker? found that to be very helpful- especially the line graph it shows, so that you can clearly see that there is an overall decrease.

I posted the very same question at 3 weeks post op. Many people do

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

kristaeb
on 5/23/14 12:42 am

Yep, 3 weeks is the stall number for a lot of us...Just keep doing what your doing. Your scale will move...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

on 5/23/14 12:45 am - Canada

Yuppers it happens to almost everyone.  Im 4 weeks post op and im in a stall right now.  I was warned about it.  Im down 60lbs and my scale has not moved this week yet.  I guess we are not supposed to worry but it is scary.   I constantly second guess myself.  Am I doing this right or what am I doing wrong?  The scale really messes with our heads.  Dont worry.  Goodluck on your journey :-)   Val

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/14 2:55 am

Oh I have to say yes it is the 3 week stall, mine lasted 3.5 weeks, never that it would end, but it did. Your body has been through so many changes, it needs to catch up... unfortunatly there is nothing you can do about it...just go with the flow

Poppios
on 5/23/14 3:52 am
I'll be 3 weeks on Tuesday. I don't own a scale so stalls don't make me fret. :P

Most Active
Recent Topics