Almost a week out-still lots of pain!

sellarsgal
on 6/3/14 7:08 am - Oshawa, Canada

I am having a lot of pain in my upper middle chest area, I am still passing gas but when I have to burp the pain is really bad! I cannot stomach that sickly sweet tylenol so have been taking nothing. Yesterday I felt good, 3 walks, no problem eating. Sunday I had oatmeal, BIG mistake, my stomach hurt all day. Woke up at 4 this morning with this pain.

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

Maricw
on 6/3/14 7:46 am - Oshawa, Canada

Hope you feel better soon....

Referral - October 3-2013 /  Family Dr. Confirmed - October  31-2013 /  Orientation call - November 11-2013 / Orientation (HRRH) -November 25-2013 / 1st  Surgeon Appt (Dr Huynh) - January 14-2014 /  SW/RN/RD - January 17-2014 / Dr Glazer March 25-2014/ 2nd Surgeon Appt (Dr Huynh)- April 10-2014 / Surgery date - August 7-2014

mum2TNT
on 6/3/14 7:49 am - Oshawa, Canada

I have no advice but sending get well soon vibes your way!!!! Why can't you stomach the painkillers?  I would imagine you would still need them for at least this week?

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Dave_J
on 6/3/14 8:58 am - Canada

I couldn't stomach the tylenol at all, so the doctor gave me oxycodone.  I did have some scar tissue pain (only reason I needed painkillers) that has only started to go away now (4 weeks out of surgery).  It'll get better...

Dave

Karen M.
on 6/3/14 9:48 am - Mississauga, Canada

Sorry to hear you're still having pain. If it is residual gas from surgery, it does take a bit to get rid of it. Walking is great, maybe try a Gas X? Also, I'm wondering if you're on an acid-reducer? Pain when burping could be an acid problem. If the pain persists, I'd recommend calling your centre for advice. Not surprised you can't stomach the liquid Tylenol - so sickly sweet! Hang in there :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

4-Jane
on 6/3/14 1:46 pm - Canada

Walking really does help and I took regular strength Tylenol tablets vs pain killers even in the hospital....hope you feel better soon

Respectfully Jane
mum2TNT
on 6/3/14 11:23 pm - Oshawa, Canada

so do they give you a choice of painkiller after surgery?  You don't have to take the liquid form?

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

karenbean
on 6/4/14 5:38 am

i hated the children's Tylenol, too sweet in hospital i used regular Tylenol just crushed up.

1HealthyMomma
on 6/5/14 3:39 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

Hope you feel great soon

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

sellarsgal
on 6/5/14 9:11 am - Oshawa, Canada

Thank you everyone for your replies. I ended up going back to HRRH Tues nite. they took blood and did a lot of tests. Dr Klein was on call (he is a cutie by the way) lol The blood work showed my white cells were high so they kept me in with IV and antibiotics. They weren't sure what was causing it. 

Yesterday morning I was so excited to see orange jello on my breakfast tray! I had yellow everyday that I was there last week. lol Low and behold, it was regular jello NOT sugar free!! OMG I had dumping. so they gave me some morphine mid day and I passed out for the afternoon. When I woke up late afternoon I felt a little better and was looking forward to my dinner (soup) the nurse gave me a prevacid then I had some soup. I felt nauseous. she gave me some gravol and I fell asleep again! I went to roll over in bed and felt sick to my stomach. I had some more gravol later but ended up having diarreah, maybe from all the meds? Anyway I finally got to go home today, I am wiped out, feeling a little better but I only pray this is the end of the misery!

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

Most Active
Recent Topics