Dr Glazer

jaxie77
on 6/9/14 10:54 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hello Ladies , 

Hope everyone is well ! I had my appointment with the internist today at Finch site of HRRH , all went really well im glad to say . He was a little distracted I felt but otherwise really pleasant . My bloodwork is all good except I have really low vitimin D , which he gave me a prescription for . I had an ECG done which was ' unremarkable ' , but he wants the results from my previous stress test and holter from my doc ( all was fine ) .

He was slightly put out by the fact that I have a sleep study booked already through my doctor . But just said if it comes back that I have Apnea , I must bring the CPap with me for surgery . 

And that was it !! Good to go :) Now I have Sw/Nut/and RN on July 4th . Will I see my surgeon again on this day also ? And is it likely ill get my date ? 

Another thing ....I had popped down to the clinic to see if any cancellations were available ( no-one there !) And I met two other ladies , they were waiting to buy Opti fast ....they both said that you can only buy from the clinic , and you are not allowed to buy from other people !?!? Just wondering cos I see people swapping / buying on here all the time . 

Anyway ...im a happy girl :) All is ticking along and im looking forward to everything . 

Thanks for listening chickies xx 

finallyfree2beme
on 6/9/14 12:11 pm

I bought mine from my surgeon, not the bariatric clinic, also at HRRH. I was on it for 4 weeks and it was 320

michellecowles
on 6/9/14 12:18 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/13/14

I also bought mine from the surgeon's office, not the clinic. 

You CAN buy from other people, but most people that do that are usually post-op and are looking to get back on track of eating healthy with the optifast as a jumpstart method. I think swapping happens because when people are looking for Opti that aren't having the surgery there is no place to buy it, it is only used usually for pre-op patients of bariatric surgery or unless you get a docs referral.

I also had low Vit D, apparently it is really common so dont worry about that! :) 

Congrats on your process moving so quickly

SURGERY: Jun13, 2014  Starting Weight: 370lbs, Current Weight: 198lbs, Goal Weight: 180lbs

sellarsgal
on 6/9/14 10:56 pm - Oshawa, Canada

Hi there, people who buy OPTI from the bariatric clinic are on that specific supervised diet. Not having surgery. If you are having surgery you buy it from your surgeon's office. BUT I know a lot of post-ops have extra OPTI left. NO one seems to get through it! lol So some pre-ops look to buy it (black market)  because it is usually cheaper than the surgeon sells it for. It costs $110/per week at the surgeons. 

If you buy it yourself, apparently you just tell the surgeon you already have some. 

Also on July 4, you won't see your surgeon.Make an appt to see your surgeon as soon after July 4 as possible. 

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

Monica M.
on 6/9/14 11:27 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

Optifast is a prescription item (like medication) it really should, techinically, only be purchased from the clinic. People who trade, buy, sell it on here are technically working outside the law. People really should be consuming all that they have purchased, and thus not have any left over.

Brittany_31113
on 6/10/14 9:23 am

Im happy things went well with dr glazer :) 

You wont meet your surgeon again the day you go to see the SW,Nut, and RN. Once the SW,Nut, and RN give the go ahead for surgery you will be contacted and then given a date to meet with you surgeon again which is where you will get your date for surgery, or at least should. In my case i had to wait 4 weeks from the time i saw my surgeon the second time until they called with my date :) 

Brittany 

"The First step towards getting somewhere is to decide that your not going to stay where you are" - John pierpoint morgan

Referral- April 27,2013   Orientation class- may 29, 2013   Meet the surgeon,SW,dietitian - July 20, 2013  Dr Glazier- October 4,2013  Sleep study- October 10,2013   Dr Glazier again- October 16,2013   SW,dietitian again- February 2,2014    DR Sohi- march 4,2014   Start Opti- June 11,2014  SURGERY- July 2,2014

Most Active
Recent Topics