pured phase

tabno1
on 6/16/14 5:29 am - barrie, Canada

can some give me ideas for the pured phase.

thanks

Referral - Sept 23rd, Resent Referral - Oct 29th - Orientation Nov 18/13, Dr Hyuhn Nov 26  -  SW/RN/RD - DEC 20TH - DR GLAZER FEB 25/13 Surgery Date: June 3, 2014

HW:252 OPTI W:224  SW 212 CW:205.5

Linsie
on 6/16/14 8:56 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

I for one am struggling with this phase. Have 3 days left until regular food! What I did, was made applesauce. It's delicious! 4 apples, skinned, no core, cut up into 4's or so. Squeeze of half a lemon, not much though, just a tablespoon. A cup of water to boil, and a bit of cinnamon. Just boil the water, throw everything in, and let it simmer for 15 minutes then smash up the apples. I prefer eating it hot rather than cold. But it's delicious! 

Jiliana2
on 6/16/14 10:14 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

I made turkey soup (loads of veggies and protein in that!) and puréed it. I also puréed chili, and it was heavenly!

Lots of greek yogourt with no sugar added applesauce. SF puddings. SF jello and popsicles. Creamed soups (think tomato, or strained cream of mushroom) with added unflavoured protein powder.

Those are some of the ideas that got me through the puréed stage. Mine only lasted a few days and then I was good to move on to soft foods. So these ideas were more than enough to carry me through that.

Good luck! I hope things are going well.

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

OneByte
on 6/16/14 11:35 pm - Milton, Canada
RNY on 05/21/14

I'm in the last few days of my pureed phase.  I bought some organic baby food (to mainly have when I'm not home) and I roasted a big pan of carrots and sweet potato and mashed them. TWH allows soft poached eggs & melba toast, so I've had that for a meal quite often. I've had (fork mashed) soft flakey white fish (cod & halibut so far). I've mixed a can of tuna with cottage cheese and put it into the food processor for a few pulses. That's quite tasty with melba toast, or just on its own, and you wouldn't know it wasn't mixed with mayo. I also had a Campbell's Lite Chicken Noodle Soup that I took the hand blender to and had that. Tried wonton soup last night (broth only). It was great, just found it salty, so didn't have a lot. 

Most Active
Recent Topics