My Rant

1HealthyMomma
on 6/17/14 10:59 am, edited 6/17/14 11:00 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

Had my appointments today with SW RN and RD. Nurse said I was very knowledgeable and was happy that I did my homework. The social worker said that I was an appropriate candidate. The  dietitian however told me she thought I may be a good candidate for the opti-fast diet and that with 16 weeks of opti I could lost weigh without surgery. She then said I seem to know what food is good and what food is bad so I just need to eat only good food. Then she asked why when I know something could hurt me, by causing weigh gain, I would still put it in my mouth. I really didn't have an answer just a blank stare so she continued to ask "do you really think you need to re-route your whole system to stop putting things in your mouth that you already know you shouldn't".  I broke down started crying and said yes as sad as that is I do. She looked at my food log and said supper is good and it great that I'm eating 3 meals a day now but she was unhappy that I sometimes bring Lean Crusine to work and that grabbing a package was not preparing a lunch. I do always bring fruit and veggies with the Lean Crusine. I do understand that there are better choices then packaged foods but really I was eating fast food everyday for lunch before I started logging food. She really made me feel horrible about myself. I feel I have done everything asked and then some. I stopped drinking pop and all caffeine, started weighing and logging my food(myfitnesspal), I eat breakfast or have a shake every morning, started eating fish and stopped eating potato chips, I am practicing mindful eating habit and I now take my vitamins regularly and this woman is worried about a few Lean Crusines. I have managed to get my blood sugar under control and loss 12 pounds in the last 6 weeks. I have struggled for every pounds and feel like now it is kicking me is the face. I have to go back and see her again in 4 weeks to bring her a food log that's shows 4 day of me "MAKING my lunch" and that means I have to cancel my appointment with my surgeon for July 7. I am feeling so discouraged. Thanks for listening to my rant.

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Karen M.
on 6/17/14 11:07 am, edited 6/17/14 11:08 am - Mississauga, Canada

You've got to be kidding me. I mean, I know you're not, but SERIOUSLY?! Please tell me your dietician's name is Denise, then I'll understand. Dealt with her 8.5 years ago.

Do not be discouraged. You're totally on the right track and doing what you should be doing. I'm angry just reading this, honestly. Do what she says, log what you're eating for f'ing lunch. And if you have a Lean Cuisine, OH WELL, don't log it. I'm angry FOR you.

Edited to add: Do you HAVE to cancel the surgeon appointment?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 6/17/14 11:11 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Wow you have every reason to rant. You appear to have done everything they have asked and them been penalized for nothing. I used to use lean cuisine pre-op. as well. I hope all goes better on your next visit. I know you need to make changes and be serious about this surgery but they appear to be goving you a really hard time

1HealthyMomma
on 6/17/14 11:14 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

It's just her. I think that's what gets me. Everyone else is great.

1HealthyMomma
on 6/17/14 11:12 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

I can not remember her name it was different started with an R. I didn't think this was normal.  If I ate perfect I would not have 100 pounds to lose. I called the clinic manager and left a message for her to call me but I wonder if I'm wasting my time.

Karen M.
on 6/17/14 11:15 am - Mississauga, Canada

No, you're not wasting your time. Hell I'm a great planner/eater, it didn't help me lose 170 pounds though! Call, explain, go from there. This is the worst I've heard from a pre-op.

Karen

1HealthyMomma
on 6/17/14 11:21 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

I spent today crying and feeling sorry for myself. Tried to post earlier but couldn't see from tears. I got my big girl panties back on and tomorrow I will follow up with the clinic manager. Thanks everyone

Karen M.
on 6/17/14 11:27 am - Mississauga, Canada

Awww... well, crying is okay. In my (not so humble) opinion you got a raw deal here. I can't imagine what you could be doing differently at this point, from what you've said.

(hug)

Karen

drag0nlady
on 6/17/14 11:30 am

I have spoken to many who have had the same experience with their dietician, fear not.  Stick to your first instincts.

libra1
on 6/17/14 12:41 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

You have every right to be upset! I would definately contact the clinic manager with my concerns with both an email and a phone call. The email will document your complaint so they can't say they were not aware of your concern.

All the best to you. 

Most Active
Recent Topics