Sleep Study = Check !!

jaxie77
on 6/17/14 9:40 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey guys , 

So I completed my sleep study last night at Barrie Sleep diagnostics .It turns out it was in the same building as my OB for when I had my son ! I dont really know what I was expecting , but it was really just a doctors office with a main reception area , and all the rooms off of them had a chair , a bedside unit and a double bed in them . I arrived at 9.30 and was asked to fill in a questionaire then get my jammies on. The experience was not unpleasant , the woman who hooked me up was lovley and very gentle . It takes around 35 minutes for her to hook up all the little sensors to your head face neck and legs . For me , who loves people touching my hair or those butterfly touches around my face , it was almost as good as a massage before bed !!! Lol ....I just sat quietly and let her do her thing and it was very relaxing . Then into bed , (she tucked me in !) And I messed around on my cell for a while then sleep . I had a restless night and didnt sleep too well but it it weird with so many things hooked up to you . 

Before I knew it , it was time to get up and go ! All in all not bad at all , will get the results in one to two weeks . Im really thinking I have apnea as I wake daily feeling groggy and headachy and im tired most days . But we shall see . 

So , another thing off the list of this process ! On to the next thing now ! Hope everyone is having a great day xxx 

Jiliana2
on 6/17/14 9:56 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Congrats on completing this step of the process. I'm glad it went well and with luck, you will have some news soon and you can move on to the next step in the process!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

jaxie77
on 6/17/14 10:06 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Thanks Jiliana :) 

The time just keeps ticking on and it seems to be going fast so far ! Lets hope it stays that way . And yeah I hope I get the results soon and If I do have it then I can get sorted and maybe feel a little better during the day .

Have a good day lovey xx

Dreamy74
on 6/18/14 12:45 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi jaxie I have sleep apnea.  When I was diagnosed and got a CPAP it was life changing - who knew I had been so sleep deprived.  But, with gastric bypass, everyone is telling me it may cure the sleep apnea so wouldn't that be great too? 

1HealthyMomma
on 6/18/14 1:29 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

That's great one more thing done and out of the way.

Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Most Active
Recent Topics