Sad news

Diminishing Dawn
on 6/20/14 10:40 am - Windsor, Canada

I was just sent a message from a Facebook friend that Joy D (Dunphy) has passed away.  I know she's been having issues with pain and not drinking/eating.  The last I read, was June 13th and she'd suspected a twisted bowel and was in emergency for tests in Hamilton.  

Joy was around 2.5 years out or so some of you may remember her. :-(

Always sad to lose someone in our little community.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Delicious_Delilah
on 6/20/14 10:43 am - Ottawa, Canada

So sad!  Sorry to hear that!

highlandbear
on 6/20/14 11:19 am - Canada

I am in shock. She use to come out to coffee night in Hamilton at the start. It is sad when we lose a member. Was it due to the surgery or other reasons. I will try and make it to the visitation if there is one.

Blueiiis
on 6/20/14 11:56 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm sorry for your loss, to all that knew Joy.

i will be honest, this is freaking me right out.  

Diminishing Dawn
on 6/20/14 12:57 pm - Windsor, Canada

We have sadly had a few people pass in this community.  It's very sad when it happens. It's an awful thing but it doesn't happen frequently by any means.  I don't know any details beyond what I've said. 

There are risks with surgery.  They are real.   There are risks without surgery that can be just as scary.  

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Karen M.
on 6/21/14 4:13 am - Mississauga, Canada

Please don't be freaked out. There are health cir****tances and LIFE cir****tances that no one, other than those close to Joy, really know.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Mary A.
on 7/3/14 11:54 pm
On June 21, 2014 at 11:13 AM Pacific Time, Karen M. wrote:

Please don't be freaked out. There are health cir****tances and LIFE cir****tances that no one, other than those close to Joy, really know.

Karen

how true, how very true and I always think complications from any surgery can occur...but the loss of an individual within the community is still very sad.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

taniagirlca
on 6/21/14 9:25 am

sorry for your loss, very sad indeed.

gonna_B_thinner
on 6/20/14 12:06 pm

It so sad to hear of someone passing.

birdiegirl
on 6/20/14 9:59 pm

Thanks for letting us know Dawn.....was this the girl that used to post using text type rather then typing out her sentences?....Blonde?

Very sad.....I still think of Photomom..( Wendy).....

Most Active
Recent Topics