2 Year Surgeversary

NorthernStar
on 6/24/14 10:56 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Two years ago today I was very scared, but heading to the St Joseph's hospital in Toronto for my surgery in the afternoon. Two years later, I am still here!

I have lost 133 lbs since starting Opti. Over the last year, I have not lost any additional weight on the scale but I have gone down another dress size. I've gone from a size 26 to a 10/12. I would still like to lose another 15 lbs or so but it gets so much harder. I posted my 1 year out pics last year (check them out under my photos), but I am thinking about taking more pictures today and posting them. This was the best decision I ever made. It's not easy - not even close. This past year has been a lot harder than my first year out. I work very hard at not giving in to my "all-or-nothing" thinking. I try to make the best food choices I can in any situation, drink lots of water, and work out at least 4 days a week. I'm terrified of gaining weight and it causes me some anxiety, so all I can do is take it day by day.

To anyone struggling with pre-op anxiety, waiting for a date, horrible Opti or the new phases right after surgery, HANG IN THERE. It is all worth it.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Patm
on 6/24/14 11:00 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations. You have done fantastic. Maintenance sure is harder but so worth it.

Solstice
on 6/25/14 1:13 am
RNY on 11/27/14

You are an inspiration!

Solstice

Caroline K.
on 6/25/14 1:57 am

Congratulations!

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

Hennagirliegirl
on 6/25/14 3:23 am - Canada

Congratulations. I love reading these i spirational posts. lately I've found I'mnot coming to the site often, then when I do come I think " why do you stop, it's so motivating?????" So, thank you for my kick in the butt to check in more often

Terri

Test

Laurie C.
on 6/25/14 6:46 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Awesome, such a great feeling, yes I agree it is harder but it is soooo good.  Hang in there, let's continue to be motivational!!!

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

RidingFan
on 6/26/14 1:29 pm - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13

Great to see your update Lindsey...amazing long term success!

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

birdiegirl
on 6/26/14 7:39 pm, edited 6/26/14 7:40 pm

Congrats Lindsey

How great to be in a size 10/12 eh?.......and hopefully you feel vitality and renewed life

I think post 2 years comes the really tough stuff....and I am not trying to cause you any additional anxiety......so glad you are watching yourself daily.....it can get away from you if your don't

Keep focused on what you need to do.....and I don't mean in an obsessive way.......but we need to be aware for the rest of our lives of what we do and eat......

All the best......great success story

NorthernStar
on 6/27/14 3:39 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Thanks gang!

I am beginning to REALLY understand how it gets tougher the further out you get. I have seen it said here before and it is absolutely true - "old habits die hard"

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Mary A.
on 7/3/14 11:52 pm, edited 7/3/14 11:52 pm

Yes  @ 2 years it becomes more difficult to lose weight..it also becomes slowly (for some) increasingly difficult not to slide back into bad habits I am speaking from only my own experience. 

At year 3 I started dabbling a bit more in the world of "treats" and that led to a 17lbs weight gain in 2 years..while I relaized that I would gain...and at 5.5 yrs post op....I still read labels, don't eat much bread, rice/pasta...I am fully aware that when people like yourself share your story, it's inspirational, because I know I am not alone.

Wishing you the very best..you can do it.  Just pull put a pic from prior to your surgery and a pic from now and bask in the success you have achieved.~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics