How long was your sleeve procedure?

Sassy75
on 7/10/14 9:22 am - North York, Canada

Hi there, 

how ow long was your surgery for your gastric sleeve? Please let me know which hospital too please!!!

teachren
on 7/10/14 8:43 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/13/13 with

I think you're likely looking for an Ontario hospital example but I had my sleeve in Mexico. I was in surgery for 42 minutes. It astonished me how quickly he got it finished. I was awake not long after and was up taking my first steps in a few hours.

150 pounds gone for now! :-)  Initial goal weight of 170 lbs met on March 7, 2014.  My 44 year old bones survived hiking 4 days overland to a highest point of 4700 metres! Machu Picchu goal...CONQUERED!

SulowskiT
on 7/10/14 9:52 pm

I went Into the surgery not knowing which one I would have and came out about and hour and 10 minutes later with a sleeve. My surgery wasthree weeks ago in hamilton. I was in hospital Wednesday to Saturday and only stayed an extra day because I was really nauseous and could not tolerate the protein shakes but by Saturday I was good to go home.  

Doing great so far, and I seem to tolerate all the new foods I have been trying!! Weight loss is going well too. Last time I checked I was down 40 lbs whi*****luded the 16 lbs I lost on opti!!

good luck to you!!

tlj1974
on 7/11/14 2:53 am

I am new to all if this and just in the investigation stage.  Who did you seebjn Hamilton to have the sleeve done?  Was it cveres by ohip?

SulowskiT
on 7/11/14 3:01 am

So both surgeries, sleeve and bypass, are covers under Ohip. I went in hoping to have the RNY but ended up with the sleeve because I have previous abdominal surgeries that made it too difficult to have the RNY surgery. Both surgeries are supported by all weight loss surgeons in Ontario. Although the standard is RNY the sleeve is just as successful in helping patients lose weight, but it might take a bit longer. It is less invasive and has fewer restrictions after the surgery. I am happy with how things turned out.

my surgeon was dr. Anvari and I had my consult with dr gmora. Both were excellent. The hospital experience was also excellent! Let me know if you need any more information.

Jiliana2
on 7/14/14 12:34 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

My sleeve was done in Ottawa. My OR time was for 8 a.m., and my husband had a phone call at 8:56 a.m. saying that I was already in recovery.

So less than an hour. Pretty incredible that they can accomplish that in such a short time!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Most Active
Recent Topics