What to buy in the States?

jennie_jay
on 7/14/14 7:40 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 05/02/14

My husband and I are heading to Vegas in August. Any recommendations for items to purchase while I'm there that we can't get here? Cheers! 

HW: 321lbs (Nov 2013) SW: 313.5lbs CW: 237lbs and counting.... 

RNY: May 2, 2014 - Dr. Sohi @ HRRH

13thvixen
on 7/14/14 7:53 am - Brampton , Canada

Great question!!

4-Jane
on 7/14/14 8:29 am - Canada

The search button feature has some great lists.  For me I make my own soap so buy lye and other soap making supplies I also love to go to savers which is the same as value village but much cheaper.  They have a good selection of vitamins as well as sugar free item.  Swiss miss makes a good diet hot chocolate that is as good as the home made stuff I created last christmas. I've read people buying cake mixes to noodles ?. I have not had either as I'm not that far out I bought the sugar free ketchup but I do not eat anything that I would eat it with..... So when shopping go slow because you may not like it after or even use it three bottles of sugar free ketchup.  I also bought jam but again will not eat it.  I love there greek o Fage yogurt.  And I bought the small calcium tablets and lots of those but have not been able to stop taking the wellesse liquid.  I guess I'm saying I spent two years shopping in advance and wasted money so have fun and shop wisely.

Respectfully Jane
Soon_to_Shrink
on 7/14/14 1:16 pm

I just did a quick cross border trip for sugar-free products not available in Canada (or at least Ottawa).  I bought lots of Jello brand puddings and gelatine that are sugar-free and fat free such as cheesecake, banana pudding, and strawberry banana jello.  I also bought some sugar-free low carb high protein Greek frozen yogurt but don't imagine you want to bring that on the plane;-) I find the selection of sugar-free candy and sweets better in the US.

Most Active
Recent Topics