Feeling frustrated

Robyn R.
on 7/21/14 10:43 am - Bowmanville, Canada

So got a call today from Dr Hagen's office and my gallbladder surgery has been bumped from next week to September!  Another 2 whole months. I'm not sure I can take any more attacks like last Thursday night. Hokey Dina it was brutal!  Granted I'm grateful that I'm not the urgent case that needs the OR time next week but I will now wait longer for this than I did my RNY (in oct told January). Needless to say my boss was not too impressed when she had to cancel my coverage & put me back on the schedule.

sincerely

in agony. &.venting

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

Karen M.
on 7/21/14 11:30 am - Mississauga, Canada

Oh man, that sucks Robyn. Makes you feel a bit like a ticking time-bomb waiting for the next attack and praying like hell it doesn't happen. I really hope you continue to be well 'til this can be taken care of.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 7/21/14 11:34 am - Toronto, Canada

Sounds like me last summer. I was very glad I had leftover painkillers from my panni surgery that I never touched while I waited. I know your pain!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Soon_to_Shrink
on 7/21/14 2:53 pm

I feel your pain.  Had mine removed 15 years ago.  Problem struck when I was overseas working in Africa and it was considered a medical emergency the gallbladder had to come out.  Needless to say I refused being medi-vacced to a hospital in a neighbouring country during an AIDs epidemic and choose to return to Canada urgently.  What was an emergency operation in Africa became an "elective" procedure here at home and I went on the local wait list for a date despite repeated severe attacks that require IV pain meds.  Needless to say, several months into the wait for a date I developed pancreatitis on a flight to Toronto.  Was admitted to hospital and had to wait 6 days for it to be safe for them to operate.  Finally got the gallbladder out, came home and two weeks later got the voice-mail message with my "elective" surgery date.

All that to say take care of yourself.  Waiting under the imminent threat of severe pain sucks, and since my experience it always astounded me how differently we treat gallbladder issues.  Not once did I really think their was a choice to keep mine.  It wasn't very "elective" in my view.  Hope you get your surgery without any more complications.

Most Active
Recent Topics