What are you eating/doing today? (Friday)

Onward and
Downward

on 8/7/14 10:13 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Yay, weekend coming soon! I have to work on Sunday afternoon but it will be interesting so I'm even looking forward to that. Besides, the occasional overtime is okay.

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been around for a few days, but this morning I noticed there wasn't a thread yet, so I hope you don't mind me starting it.

The night before last, I had a nice bout of food poisoning. I forgot to wash a lime that I had used, and normally that's not a big deal, but this time I got very sick, very suddenly, about 10 minutes after eating it. (Everything else I had with it was stuff already open that I had already eaten from without any problem). So, yesterday I wasn't feeling 100% either. I worked for a while, then went home and rested. After sleeping a bit, I got up, felt a bit better, and then went into the kitchen and washed every piece of produce in the house in vinegar water, washed out the crisper drawers in the fridge, scrubbed down all the counters with soapy water, and then I felt much more confident. Made a delicious coconut tofu curry for dinner last night and for the first time in a day and a half, ate without feeling queasy afterwards.

So, today...leftovers!

1 YEAR, 9 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - 1 egg fried in 1 tsp olive oil, with 1 slice toasted P28 bread

S - Carrot sticks and cucumber slices dipped in okra raita (a dip made with okra and fat-free greek yogurt and Indian spices). Also brought cherries and yellow plums in case of munchies or sweet tooth attack - anything to keep away from the damn vending machine.

L - Leftover coconut tofu curry with 1/4 cup rice

S - 1 slice of P28 bread with a tbsp of peanut butter, probably some cherries and a yellow plum

D - Not sure yet - going to an outdoor film screening so I'm not sure if we'll pick something up there or eat before we leave.

S - I'll probably bring a protein bar to eat during the film. Or maybe some microwave popcorn to share with hubby. Not sure yet.

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 8/7/14 10:37 pm, edited 8/7/14 11:01 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning!

Michelle, that sounds absolutely horrid - so glad you're feeling better! On a bright note, the outdoor film sounds like a lot of fun, hope you have a great time :)

I got up this morning and realized that I had invited my neighbour friend for lunch today (and to talk about WLS, very excited to talk to her about that) and I had absolutely no idea what I was going to make her for lunch - oops! I would like to be able to show her that a happy food-life continues, despite WLS.

Anniversary lunch with my parents was so nice yesterday, Andrew on the other hand had me rolling my eyes with his damn, my life is over at 50 ridiculousness. lol Hopefully he is over it tonight. If not, I shall set him straight. ;)

Anyway.........

8.5 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3 over the morning, source 0% Greek

S - Premier protein shake, handful of grapes

L - grilled shrimp, pear/brie/pecan flatbread, mixed veggie (a little) pasta salad, sliced BBQ chicken breast, garden salad (*sigh* sounds like a mishmash. oh well.)

EDIT: changed my mind - crustless quiche, grilled shrimp, green salad, pear/brie/pecan flatbread for "dessert"

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - I'm ordering pizza, damnit. So 1 slice thin crust pizza plus leftovers from above

Have a fabulous Friday!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 8/7/14 11:17 pm - Toronto, Canada

mmmm piiiizzzaaa

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

TanyaLH
on 8/7/14 11:58 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Karen, good to hear the Anniversary Lunch was nice :) Poor Andrew...Life over at 50...lol. Set him straight!

Enjoy your lunch with your neighbour friend today, your pear/brie/ pecan flatbread sounds devine.

Tanya

Karen M.
on 8/8/14 12:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

I know, right?? He always reminds me that I've got a few years to go so I don't understand. And again, I roll my eyes. LOL

The pear/brie is something that I could easily eat every single day. And eat too much of, so that's a no-go. haha

Karen

kellybelly333
on 8/8/14 12:26 am - Toronto, Canada

mmm pear-brie

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 8/8/14 1:49 am - Mississauga, Canada

My lunch guest just cancelled because she's not feeling well. Oh well, I have a ****load of good food made. LOL

Karen

kellybelly333
on 8/8/14 2:32 am - Toronto, Canada

Be right over!

Karen M.
on 8/8/14 2:37 am - Mississauga, Canada

Will you be running the 40K? lol You may use my shower.

Karen

kellybelly333
on 8/8/14 2:47 am - Toronto, Canada

hmmm. best not. I ran 15 today. I'll run the 40 on October 19th :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics