Shopping for post surgery

Sassy75
on 8/8/14 12:42 pm - North York, Canada

Hi guys, 

so I went shopping today and got my premier protein  shakes, chewable calcium, sublingual b12..... I couldn't find any chewable multivitamin/mineral or unflavoured protein powder.... I was at Costco. Anyone know where I can get these 2 items and am I missing anything??? Oh yah, I also got unsweetened apple sauce and ricotta cheese.....

Soon_to_Shrink
on 8/8/14 2:00 pm

Unflavoured protein you can buy at the Bulk Barn, or any GNC, Popeyes etc.  You may also find it at Loblaws in the Healthfood section and Shopper's Drug Mart.  Bulk Barn is good because you can buy a small amount to start.  You can also buy skim milk powder in the baking section to add protein to soups, puddings, yougurt etc.

For the vitamins you can definitely get the Chewables at Shopper's Drug Mart.  Not sure but they probably also have them at GNC.

in the early days I made a lot of instant sugar free, fat free pudding mix with two added scoops of protein power and lots of the tiny storage containers (1/2 cup size) to store my "meals".  I still find the little containers super helpful in determining my volume limit.  I now put chili, baked ricotta recipe, and cooked mashed vegetables in them for grab and go convenience.

Sassy75
on 8/8/14 9:33 pm - North York, Canada

Thanks for your reply!! It really helps!! What is baked Ricotta?

Karen M.
on 8/9/14 12:58 am - Mississauga, Canada

The Centrum chewable multi is a good one (it says for 50+, but that's okay). Shopper's makes a Life brand that is exactly the same and I believe Jamieson does too.

Also, which chewable calcium did you get? As WLS patients we ideally take calcium CITRATE and all the chews I've seen are carbonate which aren't very helpful to us.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Sassy75
on 8/9/14 2:17 am - North York, Canada

Yah I did buy the calcium carbonate... Dang! I will have to keep looking. Does the carbonate not get absorbed in out systems anymore?

Karen M.
on 8/9/14 6:59 am - Mississauga, Canada

I don't know what kind of surgery you're having, sorry. What I can tell you is that citrate is the best "quality" calcium that we can put into our bodies. Everyone, even "normies" absorb its' benefits easier. Myself, with RNY, only take citrate. My body can't absorb carbonate.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Sassy75
on 8/9/14 9:26 am - North York, Canada

I am having the sleeve so I assume I will not have to deal with the same malabsorption issues as RNY patients. 

Leanne1
on 8/10/14 1:07 am - Newmarket, Canada

At Costco, they have the Wellesse Calcium citrate, in liquid form. 

Walmart also has Chewable multi vitamins, I take them everyday. I also get the chewable vitamin D. 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Most Active
Recent Topics