Surgery tomorrow at St.Mike's

Sassy75
on 8/10/14 1:10 pm - North York, Canada

So I am completely terrified and excited at to the same time!! 

Wish me luck!! Surgery time tomorrow morning at 7:45am!! 

On a side note, has anyone had surgery with their monthly friend?!? And how does that work? I need my undies!! 

Cookies-and-Cream
on 8/10/14 1:15 pm

Relax. :) My period started just the day before, they just gave me a pad and panties. Non-issue. I was also terrified, spent half the night on the balcony, watching stars and thinking. Went in the morning totally absent as it wasnt even happening to me. Weird but it got me through. You ll be totally fine, cant wait to see you on the other side

Sassy75
on 8/10/14 2:00 pm - North York, Canada

Thanks so much!!

shoshanaApr2013
on 8/10/14 1:21 pm
They won't let you use tampons during the surgery, but bring some for your stay if you use them. They will probably give you a pair of "hospital underwear" that you can use a pad in. Don't expect a very good fit! Ask if you can get away with wearing your own undies.

Forget the fear. What will be will be. Focus on positive thoughts -- like the happier and healthier lifestyle you're creating for yourself!

Please update us once you're able to so we can congratulate you on being "on the bench"!

Referral: Apr 2013; Orientation (HRRH): Aug 12, 2013; 1st Surgeon Appt (Dr Sohi): Aug 23, 2013; SW/RD/RN: Nov 8, 2013; Internist (Dr Glazer): Nov 14, 2013; 2nd Surgeon Appt: Nov 20, 2013; Start Opti: Jan 3, 2013; PATTS: Jan 16, 2014; Surgery: Jan 24, 2014

Sassy75
on 8/10/14 2:00 pm - North York, Canada

Thank you :)

Blueiiis
on 8/10/14 11:08 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Hi Sassy! Hope that all went well.... Take care and wish you a speedy recovery!

Karen M.
on 8/11/14 12:48 am - Mississauga, Canada

Thinking of you today - best wishes!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

NewMe2.0
on 8/11/14 1:05 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

I felt the same way...but as I was waiting outside the operating room to go in, a big calmness came over me...and I figured whatever is supposed to happen will happen.  And it all went fine.

As for your period, they will give you a special pair of undies called fancy pants (mesh) to wear with a pad.  Don't stress about it...you are still wearing your gown when they take you in and put you under..so you wont feel exposed or anything...and before you know it you will be waking up and it will all be over.

Best of luck, and happy healing...remember to walk as soon as you can, and sip, sip, sip. 

Vicky

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

Zizzler
on 8/11/14 7:45 am

Wishing you all the best today!

Most Active
Recent Topics