Last day before Opti meal?

josh_h2
on 8/18/14 10:16 pm

Hi all;

My Opti-time is coming up soon (I start next Tuesday)..  Just wondered if anyone else went out for a "last meal" before they started their Opti?

I'm nervous about it, but am looking forward to it (the Opti, then the surgery, not the last meal) :)

J

Orientation at HRH - Jan 13, 2014. 1st Meeting with Surgeon (Dr. Klein) & blood work - Jan 30th. Sleep study - Feb 5th. RN, Dietician & Social Worker exams - Feb 25th, Internist - April 9th.  Dr Klein -April 23rd,PATTs Sept 2nd, Surgery, Sept 16, 2014, Opti Starting Weight - 343LB (Aug 26th).  Surgery weight 315LB  CW 215 17-Aug-2015)

Karen M.
on 8/18/14 10:30 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Congratulations on getting to your "final step"! While I didn't have to do Optifast (surgery was 8.5 years ago, it wasn't a practice at that time), I did have to do a 10 day shrink-liver diet (high protein, no sugar, carbs, fats). Honestly, by the time it got around to that I was so sick of food and how it made me feel and I was so focused on having surgery, it didn't occur to me to do a "last meal" before starting. I knew that I would eventually get to eat "favourites" again down the road (obviously in much less frequent and way smaller portions).

Best wishes for Tuesday!

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Catw
on 8/18/14 10:45 pm - Arnprior, Canada

I was ordering out anyways, so I had my favorite, chicken parm.  Some people have a "food funeral" that day, I didn't. I was having a celebration. I'm still eating, just better than before,and not as much.

Don't forget to check out the "surviving opti" thread on the Recipe forum!

Cathy

redviking
on 8/18/14 11:52 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I went out to a fancy-ish restaurant with one of my best friends and I had a very indulgent meal.  Smoked Brie appetizer, braised short rib main course.  It was wonderful and for me it was a satisfying way to let the days of mindless eating go.  I was happy to let it go. My friend was happy to celebrate with me. It was a lovely evening. 

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Blueiiis
on 8/19/14 12:07 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

My dh and I went to Big Fat Greek Buffet for lunch on Saturday, and big family dinner at Tuckers Buffet on Sunday night! I was told on the Friday that I would be starting Opti on Monday so I wanted to squeeze in my favorites :)

Natyrie82
on 8/19/14 1:42 am - London, Canada

I went to the Keg and had a steak and crab with carrot cake after and a baked potato with sour cream and cheese and butter omg it was soo good and so worth the $52.00 bill

Sanj313
on 8/19/14 2:26 am - Philadelphia, PA
VSG on 09/04/14

I start mine on Thursday & I plan on going to Red Robin for a delicious burger on Wednesday! Hamburgers are my favorite & I just want to eat one more...the way they were meant to be eaten (with the bun) one last time...and of course some fries! Then I will be ready for my lifestyle change that I am soooo looking forward to! Good Luck to you!

Sandra

Lolabug
on 8/19/14 5:51 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Hey Josh, I believe I may have mentioned my "Food Farewell Tour". I ate all of the meals that I thought that I wouldn't be able to have after the surgery or that I had decided that I wouldn't be eating anymore. So, not just the night before. What was most important for me was that I said my goodbyes and didn't feel like I missed out not having something. All about the head part of things.

I have to say that I enjoyed everything that I had on my "Tour" because I was consciously eating. Do what works for you. If it's a weekend of buffet, then go for it. If it's burgers and fries, or fish and chips, then go for it. But as your are doing it, realize that you are saying your goodbye for a long time. And enjoy it.

Most Active
Recent Topics