B12 injectible

josh_h2
on 8/22/14 11:36 am

Hey ya'll

with my surgery coming up soon (I start Opti for 3 weeks on Tuesday) - I'm starting to stock up on vitamins etc.

I (with my GP) decided I would do B12 injected - I've injected myself before (on a "DIY" Bernstein type program my old doctor dreamed up) - and I didn't even think and did it all out-of-pocket  (B12 is cheap, B6 is not) :)

So anyone who does B12 injectible, have you tried getting your insurance to cover it?  Any luck?

I'm going to email my carrier tonight, but they take their sweet time replying, so I thought I'd put it out there on here..

Hoping the bench can hold me,

Josh :)

Orientation at HRH - Jan 13, 2014. 1st Meeting with Surgeon (Dr. Klein) & blood work - Jan 30th. Sleep study - Feb 5th. RN, Dietician & Social Worker exams - Feb 25th, Internist - April 9th.  Dr Klein -April 23rd,PATTs Sept 2nd, Surgery, Sept 16, 2014, Opti Starting Weight - 343LB (Aug 26th).  Surgery weight 315LB  CW 215 17-Aug-2015)

LittleMiss2013
on 8/22/14 12:57 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

B12 injections are covered......my GP just does mine once a month and I don't pay anything. I used to do my own too....for the Bernstein reason, lol......but my Dr just said he would do it. Takes 2 seconds, right in the upper arm and I go once a month to pick up my prescriptions anyway =)

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Dolly K.
on 8/22/14 2:19 pm

Both were covered under my health policy. I guess it depends on individual policies . 

Karen M.
on 8/23/14 1:15 am - Mississauga, Canada

My insurance plan doesn't cover the B12 injectable - but the vial which is 10 doses only costs about $11. I just bring it with me to my family Dr. and she injects it for me. I've also just brought it with me to a walk-in clinic and they will do it as well.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics