Metamucil vs benefiber - tmi question.... Be prepared!!

Sassy75
on 8/29/14 11:33 pm - North York, Canada

So I have been having a lot of issues going #2. I have been taking one senna and one stool softener every night and still have crazy issues... So, 4 stool softness, 2 suppositories and an enema later, I went to the walk in... He gave me restoralax and told me to take Metamucil and stool soften eras daily. He specifically said psyllium fibre.... What do you take and is there am important difference between the two? I finally went by my goodness, I felt like I just gave birth again 

Cookies-and-Cream
on 8/29/14 11:54 pm

i am exactly a month out and had gone #2 exactly 4 times in that period. I am cautious of fiber as it might make it harder since the issue right now is really an empty colon and its a long way down for the little food that I consume now. I also take soflax and took prunes a few days ago that did the trick. Leaving enema for a depressing rainy Friday evening :))

Patm
on 8/30/14 12:02 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I make my own granola which has a ton of bran in it. Also making sure you get all your water in. If you are taking the fiber you need the liquid to get it moving. also prunes are great just do not take too many as they have high sugar content

redviking
on 8/30/14 4:19 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

Pat is right on the money.  All the fiber and stool softeners you take will do you no good if you don't get the water in.  I feel for you!  I have been pretty lucky in this area and I only had one day where I felt really terrible and constipation ended up being the reason. I felt a million times better when that was over!! 

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Sassy75
on 8/31/14 2:10 am - North York, Canada

Thanks so much ladies for your replies :) 

i tried restoralax and Metamucil and stool softeners. Things have started to move along finally..... 

Now I have to make sure it keeps on movin' !!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics