Iron supplements - Cypress Brand and FeraMax

Onward and
Downward

on 9/10/14 2:11 am, edited 9/10/14 2:12 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

At Karen's lunch, I was talking to someone at the table (and I'm sorry, I forget who it was since I was talking to a number of people around me!) who was taking FeraMax iron and found them expensive. I told her that I order similar iron pills from VitaLady in the US, "Cypress" brand, and even with shipping it was cheaper than FeraMax (at least at the time - I haven't checked the price of FeraMax lately, so make sure to compare prices).

And then I said I would post the link, but I forgot until now. It was PatXYZ (Trish) who posted about this a good couple of years ago or so, and I've been ordering them ever since.

Here's the link to the Cypress Brand iron pills, and you can check with your doctor to make sure it's the same kind of iron. From what I can tell, it seems like it to me, comparing the ingredients and amounts with the ones on the FeraMax site - both polysaccharide, both 150mg per pill - but again, I'm not a doctor and not an expert - I'm just sharing the link to this product in case you find it useful.

http://www.vitalady.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&k ey=1340X100

For comparison purposes, here is the info about FeraMax:

http://www.feramax.com/feramax150patient/feramax150patient-f aq.html

Hope this is helpful!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

crqvingchange
on 9/10/14 3:16 am

Thank you that was me you were talking to about Feramax.  I had just spent $60 for 100 pills.  I will print out the stats on Cypress and when I go to Guelph I will take it in with me for them to OK.  Thank you so much.  It was wonderful meeting you and my husband and I were so impressed with your success.

Onward and
Downward

on 9/10/14 4:24 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Ah, I thought it might have been you! Great, hope it helps!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics