My RNY Miracle!

hmtmomof4
on 9/17/14 12:46 am, edited 9/17/14 12:48 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

Hello guys! It's been awhile since I've been on the forums. Some of you may remember me....I had my RNY surgery on November 7th and I found out just 2 months later that the birth control patch failed and we were expecting baby #5.

Well, I just wanted to let you know that my little miracle has arrived!! I had SUCH an amazing pregnancy. NO complications whatsoever. All of my vitamin levels and nutrients stayed within normal limits.  The only issue I now have is a large umbilical hernia that Dr.Jackson at TWH will repair in about 6 weeks time.  Despite being pregnant I have lost about 130 lbs and feel amazing. Sooo thankful for my RY surgery.  I sailed through the surgery and I can tolerate any and all foods....which COULD be a bad thing, but fortunately I know how to control the cravings/portion sizes now and I know I will continue to lose weight and do well.

Sooo, without further ado, here is my little RNY miracle baby who snuck in, even though we thought we were done having babies! We named him Matthew and he weighed 6lbs 7oz. Life is GREAT!! I hope you are all doing well.

photo matthew2.jpg

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

Karen M.
on 9/17/14 12:52 am - Mississauga, Canada

Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous baby - HUGE congratulations to you! What a miracle really, having a beautiful baby AND losing 130 pounds in the process. Time to change your user name to hmtmomof5!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

jennyboo202
on 9/17/14 12:59 am - Canada
RNY on 08/14/15

Congratulations!! That's amazing. 

I was just wondering though, how was the pregnancy with all the weight loss?  Did you have to see doctors and get a lot of testing throughout?  Were your nutritional requirements altered to compensate for the pregnancy? 

Sorry for all the questions, it's just super interesting.

Ref. Apr 30/14, Orientation HRRH Aug 25/14, Transfer to TWH Oct 21/14, Sleep Study Nov 20/14, SW Nov 28/14, Nut. Class Dec 8/14, NP Dec 15/14, Psych. Jan 13/15, Nut. Jan 15/15, CPAP Titra Jan 16/15, NP F/U Jan 19/15, NP F/U2 Feb 24/15, NP F/U3 Mar 24/15, Surgeon May 29/15, Opti July 25/15, Pre-Op July 30/15, Surgery Aug 14/15

JosieKristina
on 9/17/14 1:19 am - Toronto, Canada

Beautiful.. congratulations :)

I too am curious as to how all the changes from your RNY affected your pregnancy.

hmtmomof4
on 9/17/14 1:25 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

Thanks guys! ...and yes, a name change is in order! lol

I was followed by the high risk doctors at McMaster in Hamilton.  I was already high risk before having the RNY due to preterm labor issues (gave birth at 25 weeks!).  I had blood tests done every two weeks to check vitamin levels and I had ultrasounds every month to monitor babies growth. He was always around the 50th percentile for growth, so he did very well! My doctors were amazed that I had no complications....there is a reason why the doctors say wait on average 2 years before getting pregnant....what happened to me was NOT IDEAL in any way.  They were not overly concerned with all of the weight loss during the pregnancy as that was pretty much inevitable. As long as baby was growing and thriving, we would forge ahead and get as close to the due date as possible.  If it had been discovered that he was NOT growing well, than they would have taken him early. Sometimes baby will grow better outside than inside. Thankfully we never had that issue!

I am sooo blessed to have all of these beautiful children. Our first daughter that was born at 25 weeks only survived for 4 days. She was just too little to make it. It was a terrible experience, but I know god has blessed us now.

His birth was a bit scary though.....I had normal natural deliveries with all of my kids....including a set of twins!!  When I was in labor with Matthew they checked me and told me I was 7cm dilated but his hand and a foot was coming first, NOT his head. We went to the OR where the doctors tried to push his hand and foot back in so his head would come first. As they were doing this, the umbilical cord dropped out which became a life threatening emergency for him.  I had to have an emergency C-section.  They had him out in under 3 minutes.  They told me if I had of been at home laboring he most surely would have died.  I was NOT prepared for that, but I am doing well.  My poor stomach is gonna look awful though.  I have a large appendix removal scar, RNY surgery scars, a C-section scars and in a few weeks a hernia repair scar....good thing I don't plan on wearing a bikini in the future!!! lol

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

Catw
on 9/17/14 1:49 am - Arnprior, Canada

Thank you for letting us know about your experience through pregnancy.  I was always sure that they would keep us at high risk that soon after WLS, but wasn't sure if there would be any difference between regular high risk, and WLS high risk.  Less ultrasounds, more blood work it seems.  I'm glad you and Matthew are doing well.

My first born (also a Matthew) was an emergency C section, and they can get them out quick when they need to can't they.  Don't worry about the scars, each one has it's own story.

Cathy

sellarsgal
on 9/17/14 2:03 am - Oshawa, Canada

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful son. I am so glad to hear you had no complications throughout your pregnancy. You have a lot to be grateful for. Best wishes for continued happiness! 

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

anniew72
on 9/17/14 2:58 am

Congratulations on your bundle of joy!!!!!!!

NorthernStar
on 9/17/14 3:30 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I'm so glad to read this. Congratulations on your new arrival! I'm happy everything worked out for the best. You had a difficult situation to deal with but you took care of yourself and your baby.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Patm
on 9/17/14 6:12 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations on your beautiful son. I am glad all worked out.

Most Active
Recent Topics