Thanksgiving is coming.... First "food" holiday post sirgery

Blueiiis
on 10/4/14 11:31 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Turkey day is coming up this weekend.... And I am trying to plan the menu for our big family gathering.  I am not concerned about the main course, more so dessert. Why? Because I am always in charge of dessert. I will make the usual yummy desserts, but would also like to bring something that I can enjoy.  

I have an old we recipe for crust less pumpkin pie, don't love the flavor of it.  Anyone have a go to dessert recipe that could share? I haven't told many people I had surgery, can say I am on a diet lol.  

crqvingchange
on 10/4/14 11:41 pm

What about baking an apple with cinnamon on it and having that with sugar free vanilla icecream.  It could be in the oven beside the turkey.

BluIzGal
on 10/5/14 5:55 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

One receipe Id love to try (and have had bookmarked for two years now) is:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4586910/Pumpkin-Pie-Dip/

I apologize but from my phone I can't make this one of those links so feel free to copy and paste. 

Serve it with apple slices and I'm sure everyone's waistlines will appreciate it!

Patricia

Ivanova8
on 10/6/14 9:25 am - Toronto, Canada

This looks delish.  Thanks for sharing it! 

Blueiiis
on 10/5/14 10:53 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Both sound like a great idea! Thank you!

Catw
on 10/5/14 11:25 pm - Arnprior, Canada

I've made a salad that some have used for dessert:

1 container low/no fat coolwhip, 1 pkg sf jello, 1 can fruit ****tail or pineaple, 1 container (about 500 mL) of cottage cheese.   Mix it all together and let it set.

You can always check out the recipe forum as well, you might find something interesting:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/discussion/

Cathy

Onward and
Downward

on 10/6/14 6:51 am, edited 10/6/14 6:52 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

You know what I served as one of the desserts a while back at a family gathering? I was surprised at how popular it was - I made it so I could have something friendly to eat, and people really liked it. It was my old standby of fruit and ricotta.

So, what I did was used a round, shallow dish, poured in a container of ricotta cheese mixed with splenda and vanilla to taste (I'm generous with the vanilla), and then I topped it with seasonal fruit - in that case, sliced peaches with wild blueberries sprinkled on top.  It almost looked like a flan.  You could probably do the same thing with apple or pear slices (although I'm not sure how you'd get them not to brown - maybe lemon juice?).

I was shocked when it was one of the more popular desserts served!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics