3 week and 6 week stalls

Sassy75
on 10/3/14 11:07 am - North York, Canada

hi guys, 

i know now it is common to stall at 3 weeks and 6 weeks, is there another time frame that is common? I have hit both the 3&6 week stalls..... 

Blueiiis
on 10/4/14 12:01 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh my god, I stalled. Again. This week the scale has not moved for me! Wth! It must have something to do with my cycle or hormones or something.... 

How are you doing? 

Sassy75
on 10/4/14 2:24 am - North York, Canada

Hey Blueiis, 

i'm well. No more pain. Infection cleared up. Everything is so far so good :) just a little frustrated with the stalls. I had one around week 4 then lost 3 pounds week 5 then have had a stall now for the past 2 weeks :( 

hopefully this is the last one for a while :) 

how are you doing?

Hollynik
on 10/4/14 1:35 am - Canada

I am 8 weeks post op and this week only lost half a pound.  It's so frustrating sometimes because I was doing well on my own before surgery and sometimes makes me think why did I bother with the surgery although I know I would be packing the pounds back on around the holidays and then it would become a downward spiral.  I only weigh once a week, sometimes twice I check on a Monday to see how I did over the weekend so I don't see the daily fluctuations.  I don't think there is anything you can do to avoid a stall but it does make you question what you are doing wrong.  I know I went back over my menus to see if something was different but I think it's just the way it is.

Sassy75
on 10/4/14 2:28 am, edited 10/4/14 2:28 am - North York, Canada

Hi Hollynik, 

I, like you don't weigh in often. I don't own a scale so I can only weigh in at the doctors or at the gym. I went to the doctor on sept 24 and weighed in and yesterday weighed myself at the gym and I was the same weight.... I try to not get discouraged but it is hard sometimes. Thanks for your reply :)

Zizzler
on 10/5/14 6:18 am

Everyone is different so try not to compare yourself too much, although I know it is hard not to.  I am 8 weeks out and have actually gained 4 pounds and have not gone down from that gain for nearly 2 weeks.  I was told that it is normal and that I am doing fine, but it does get discouraging.  I only weigh once a week as well, I get too obsessed if I do more than that.  It can become addictive.  If you are concerned you could ask you centre.  Hope your stalls breaks soon.

Most Active
Recent Topics