NSV at my GPs!

Jiliana2
on 10/18/14 3:34 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Yesterday I had an appointment with my GP.

She popped her head out past the door of the waiting room and because I was looking out the window, she called my name. She told me she didn't recognize me at all. NSV #1. WOOT!

Anyway, my appointment necessitated changing into a hospital gown. After YEARS of not fitting into gowns for anything, way back in 2005 while undergoing infertility treatments, I made my own hospital gowns and carried them with me to every appointment. I wore them for X-rays, for various procedures and testing, for anything and everything. Even the nurses commented on how gorgeous my own gowns were! I told them all that I was tired of not fitting into their gowns so I simply brought my own from now on. They thought I was very proactive.

Anyway, yesterday my GP tossed me a gown and I looked at it skeptically. But lo and behold, I got it on. Tied it just fine too! I had to ask my GP, "I'm curious... what size is this gown?" She replied, "It's the smallest one we have. And look at that! It fits you beautifully!" NSV #2. YAY!

Then she pulls out the BP cuff. THE REGULAR ONE. And OMG, it fit!!! NSV #3. 

I'm 6 lbs away from being "overweight" and these NSVs are absolutely amazing. On the way home in the car, I cried. I truly did. For someone who's been obese since I was 8 years old (you should see my grade 4 photo!) this is an incredible accomplishment. I don't quite believe it really. But when my brain catches up, this will be really cool! 

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Karen M.
on 10/18/14 4:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

VERY awesome, Jiliana. I completely understand the crying - I would have started right in the office with the first NSV instead of waiting to get to the car. lol

It's an incredible feeling when things really start coming together. Enjoy every minute of it - you've earned it.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 10/18/14 6:38 am

So happy for you  - yay!!!

NSVs are so awesome because you never know when they will come.  I would have started crying too, it is a big deal!  I hear you about the brain needing to catch up though, the changes are so unreal it can be hard to process.  Let us know when you hit overweight, sounds like it will be soon!  Keep up the good work and enjoy your new body!

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/14 12:16 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

LOVE THIS! Can't wait to have these sorts of experiences. Congrats to you! Cry those happy tears! Its a new life for you now, savour every little thing!

xoxox

Julie99
on 10/18/14 12:41 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Good for you!

Referral: June 26, 2013  Confirmation: July 4, 2013  Orientation(OWMC) Sept.13, 2013  Nurse: Dec. 3, 2013  Nut/Beh: Jan. 28, 2014  Pre-surgical class: Feb. 26, 2014  Meet Surgeon: March 18, 2014  PAU: July 11, 2014  Surgery with Dr. Yelle: Aug. 11, 2014              

Patm
on 10/18/14 9:54 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Great NSV's. I hope they just keep coming for you. They make all the work worthwhile

Most Active
Recent Topics