life brand calcium chews....

mellabella115
on 10/21/14 7:45 pm - North York, Canada

Hi all just giving my personal review. ...i haven't been able to find liquid calcium that i can tolerate taste wise so it was suggested on here to try the life brand liquid one. Its blueberry flavor sugar free and its on sale lol i tried it but i dont find it to taste great but its tolerable. So while there i found life brand calcium chews, i only seen vanilla and chocolate so i picked up the vanilla,  also on sale :) and they are actually good...just thought i would share :) 

birdiegirl
on 10/21/14 8:46 pm

Hi Mella

Just ensure the chews are citrate and not carbonate.  We do not absorb carbonate - also can contribute to kidney stones.  Citrate is what is absorbed by RNY'ers and does not cause kidney stones.

I have used the Life Brand liquid Blueberry for 5 years.  I keep it in the fridge and find it palatable enough. 

dilligaf66
on 10/22/14 6:33 pm

I can't do the liquid calcium myself, it makes me gag and then vomit.

KerryF.
on 10/21/14 9:20 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I also use the Life Brand Blueberry liquid calcium, and my personal thoughts on all the nasty tasting vitamins is simple....  for me it was take it long enough and the taste is expected, than not hated, then slightly appreciated, then becomes a flavor I expect to have. Even when the hospital team said I could switch from my chewables and liquids I said no thanks I'm used to them now and even like them now.

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

birdiegirl
on 10/21/14 9:28 pm

Kerry I am such a freak re vitamins etc that I still crush my daily.  I am so used to swirling it around in some water and downing it every morning.  Still think that is the reason my labs are quite good post 5 years

KerryF.
on 10/21/14 9:29 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

Totally Birdie..... because it's the habit you've created and come to know it's what tastes best for you now !!

birdiegirl
on 10/21/14 9:31 pm

and I love your attitude...habit you've created and taste you've come to know  ( paraphrase)

KerryF.
on 10/21/14 9:36 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

Thanks Birdie!!  it's been a wonderful year and I can say it's all been about attitude and creating a new lifestyle.  getting hung up on the little things like taking vitamins would have derailed my success.  "Don't sweat the petty things and don't Pet the sweaty things"

Diminishing Dawn
on 10/21/14 9:57 pm, edited 10/22/14 1:57 am - Windsor, Canada

You need citrate.  All chewables in canada are carbonate and If you are lucky, have some citrate in them.  You run the risk of developing osteopenia like me if you take carbonate.  Some centres okay them short term post op but you need to switch over to citrate ASAP 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

mellabella115
on 10/21/14 11:58 pm - North York, Canada

Omg...you are right i just read the label its not citrate. So can i still take them along with my liquid citrate? 

Most Active
Recent Topics