why?

mellabella115
on 10/22/14 6:33 am - North York, Canada

I am 13 days post op and the scale hasn't moved in 3 days... is this normal or am i doing something wrong

TeraLee
on 10/22/14 7:43 am

I've vowed to only weigh myself once a week so I don't get upset on days the scale doesn't move. I think it's normal for your body to have days the scale doesn't move.

merry1
on 10/22/14 8:21 am - Canada

Could be a stall although it would be an early one as they usually occur in the third week.  The only thing you can do is ride it out!  Keep your spirits up - I went through several stalls, the famous third week was the longest - 10 days.  Happily it did not last!

reenie33
on 10/22/14 9:44 am

I am sure you tortured yourself with those dreaded weigh days (before surgery) AND allowed that blasted gizmo to govern how you would feel about yourself according to how the numbers represented themselves. Following my surgery I decided to put the scale away. I only got weighed at the clinic. This rule allowed me to not see stalls or worse a few pounds up, yet allowed me to see the WHOLE OVERALL LOSS. I was able to avoid feeling bad about myself, or allow the scale to gage how I was going to feel on any particular day. Perhaps you could try to let old habits die too, and trust yourself that you are doing well without a dumb number telling you otherwise. And yes it is normal to not lose much immediately post op. (according to others) 

Patm
on 10/22/14 10:05 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Try to relax. It could be water retention or not having a bowel movement. The weight will come off. reenie33 had a great idea. Personally I could not have done this but I am not as strong. LOL

Diminishing Dawn
on 10/22/14 10:23 am - Windsor, Canada

http://diminishingdawnreturns.blogspot.ca/2011/03/inevitable-first-stall.html?m=1

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

msmuggins
on 10/22/14 10:30 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Love your blog, Dawn... as always, very helpful!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

TheNewT
on 10/22/14 10:57 am
VSG on 08/04/14

Before surgery I made a list of NSVs I would like to achieve. So when the scale is acting ugly I can focus on something else. 

Also, early out, I only weighed in the surgeon's office. So I don't know if I hit a 3week stall because I didnt weigh daily. I don't own a scale yet. If I had one in the house I would weigh several times a day and that would drive me crazy! Now at almost 3 months out I weigh at work Monday through Friday. Only my Monday weight counts and gets recorded. 

EllenMW
on 10/22/14 10:11 pm

Just remember the more protein you are able to get in the weight will start to move again and the scale will go down. Do not let the scale rule your life!! and after all you are only 13 days out.  Once you start puree and minced you will be able to up the intake of protein!!  Keep smiling it wont come off over night!! :)

PepperBB
on 10/23/14 5:51 am - Canada

Exact same thing happened to me. Give it a few days, walk away from the scale (Easier said than done) - about 7 days after surgery, I stalled for a week and a half, almost 2 weeks. Give your body some time, focus on your program eating and just let it happen, you're healing, remember its not just you, but your new stomach that needs to fix.

You are doing fine!

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Most Active
Recent Topics