Fitbit Aria or Withings scale?

msmuggins
on 10/25/14 7:34 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Does anyone out there use an Aria or Withings digital scale with wifi?  I'm a huge "gadgets" person, and I've recently started using a Fitbit Flex band (I love it!).  I had been using a Jawbone Up band previously but it didn't sync wirelessly like the Fitbit Flex now does.  

To track my weight loss on a weekly basis, I want to get a fairly high tech scale that does body composition analysis and also outputs the data wirelessly so that I can save and compile it.  Since my trainer and I are planning progressive strength training into my post recovery plan, it's important to have a scale that does composition analysis too.  

I'm really tempted by the Aria because it will sync up with my FitBit dashboard and work in tandem with my Flex band.  But the Withings looks like it has a few more features for basically the same price.  So I'm hoping to hear from those of you that have one or the other and how you like it in order to help me decide between the two!  

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

KerryF.
on 10/25/14 12:15 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I have FitBit Aria and FitBit One and LOVE LOVE the the whole dashboard program for food diary, exercise, weight loss, everything all in one!! Totally recommend the FitBit Aria

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

msmuggins
on 10/25/14 1:20 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Thanks, Kerry!  That's great to hear.  So far I'm really liking the FitBit Flex -- it would be nice to track everything using the same interface, so I'm leaning toward the Aria.

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

KerryF.
on 10/25/14 9:18 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

the Aria Scale also will give you body fat percentages  I started out with a body fat percentage of 52% and down to 22% today.  It will also do your BMI

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

msmuggins
on 10/26/14 8:32 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Thanks Kerry, that is a particular number (body fat percentage) that I can't wait to track in a downward direction! For me, I find it even more important than the overall lbs reading, so it's great that the Aria tracks all of those different measurements and will send it to my Dashboard!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Diminishing Dawn
on 10/25/14 9:54 pm - Windsor, Canada

Hubby bought me the scale.  If I were to redo that moment I would have spent the $150 on something else.  I already had a scale that did all that does get percentage and it seems now in hindsight like it's nothing special. I use my old scale more than my aria to be honest.  I think the money could have been spent on sethkng better. If you have the money to burn but it but if money is tight, I personally don't think it is worth the expense when it takes me two seconds to type my weight in. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

jackemeyer
on 10/26/14 5:48 am

Hi Ms Muggins,

Our family uses Withings scale, Fitbit Ones, Jawbones (past), Striiv Plays (past), iPhone 5S & 6 built-in activity, NetAtmo air quality, Breezing metabolism Tracker, and MyfitnessPal. Whew! (Jawbones & Striivs stopped working w/in 2-3 months, each time, so we gave up)

Yay for gadgets! We work in the gadgets field, and love bringing functionality and value to those inclined.
To your inquiry:

We prefer Withings Scale, yet are split on the Dashboard choices, between: Jawbone vs. Withings vs. MyfitnessPal vs. Fitbit!
You can sync Withings data to Fitbit Dashboard.

Best!
David

msmuggins
on 10/26/14 8:30 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Thanks so much, David!  I never would have known you could sync the Withings to the FitBit Dashboard (which I love, by the way).  It lets you track EVERYTHING.  I use an iPad and an iPhone and I love the FitBit apps (especially for water and food tracking). I want an all-in-one, so I was leaning toward the Aria, but now that I know that Withings can be interfaced with the FitBit dashboard it has made my decision much harder!

Out of curiosity, do you use the air quality measure feature on the Withings?  I found it to be a weird but interesting addition.

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Most Active
Recent Topics