One Year Follow Up

lyshy
on 11/20/14 8:58 am - Canada

Hi Shirley,

congrats on your one yr anniversary.  I see you said about needing knee replacements...therefore I assume you have bad arthritis in your knees?  I read that after GP surgery you aren't able to take anti-inflammatory medication.  Was this the case for you?  If so, How did/do you manage the inflammation and pain? 

I have a bum hip and I take Celebrex.  Worried I'll have to live without it....

thanks

Guelph - Referral: August '14. Orientation: Oct 23/14. Nurse: Nov 26/14. Dietician/SW: Dec 12/14. Nurse 2/Dietician 2: Jan 20/15. SW 2: Jan 30/15 CLEARED by all 3! Feb '15: H Pylori testing.  Pre-surgery nutrition class: Mar 23/15.  Meet surgeon: May 22/15 with Dr.Reed   Surgeon Appt #2: June 16/15.  Surgery date: Aug 20/15.

zephie
on 11/20/14 9:23 am - Moose Factory, Canada

Thanks! You will not be able to take any anti-inflammatory meds if you have the RNY surgery....however if you have the gastric sleeve I believe you can still take these meds.

I had RNY and cannot take them. I have bad arthritis through out the joints in my body. I would say I have good days and bad days....I have discovered the wonder of cortisone shots in my knees which literally have kept me on my feet.  I will keep that up until surgery for this next fall ...as my daughter is going through surgeries to have excess skin removed due to her losing 130 lbs...and I have chosen to wait until she is done that process.

How do I manage pain? Mostly on bad days I just take Tylenol 3 and keep moving...thankfully I have a very high pain tolerance!! Hope you get all the info you need to make a good solid decision for your surgery!!

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

lyshy
on 11/20/14 9:29 am - Canada

Thank you for your reply.  This does worry me as T3 hasn't helped me in the past. Thanks again.

Guelph - Referral: August '14. Orientation: Oct 23/14. Nurse: Nov 26/14. Dietician/SW: Dec 12/14. Nurse 2/Dietician 2: Jan 20/15. SW 2: Jan 30/15 CLEARED by all 3! Feb '15: H Pylori testing.  Pre-surgery nutrition class: Mar 23/15.  Meet surgeon: May 22/15 with Dr.Reed   Surgeon Appt #2: June 16/15.  Surgery date: Aug 20/15.

Most Active
Recent Topics