I am sending the DH out.......

Can_Lil_Saint
on 11/25/14 1:38 am - Georgetown, Canada

To get the groceries for me to eat after my surgery and the list is via email and I am at work and my binder is at home.

I know the plan of types of foods to get but I can't recall the max fat and max sugars per item.

Can someone remind me?

Patm
on 11/25/14 5:34 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I do not worry so much about the fat except to keep it fairly low. Sugars I find should not be more than 5g. The lower the better. Hope that helps

Patm
on 11/25/14 5:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I should have asked you which hospital you are through as they are all different. This is a link for TWH. Try page 75

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/14 6:23 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

You won't be hungry at all after surgery. At least I wasn't. I basically was tying to get the liquids in, and not worrying too much about caloric intake. I lived off diluted apple, orange and cranberry juice. And my NUT told me for the first week, don't even pay attention to calories and fat, carbs, etc. You will be consuming so little calories anyhow. I tried to stay below 10g of sugar per serving with the juice, but you'll see, that's even tricky to find. I diluted it anyhow. They will serve you full sugar juice in the hospital. At least they did at TWH. Honestly, I wouldn't buy much. I did, and now that I am on soft foods, I have cans of broth, and bunches of things I purchased post op, thinking I would use in the first few weeks after surgery, that I really didn't. I started to really pay attention to labels when I started week three. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics