Still Losing

kristaeb
on 11/27/14 1:02 am

Well its been 17 months since my surgery..I dont weight myself anymore.. But i am still losing because my size 4s are now too big.. I fit in size Small..Hard to believe i am saying that lol... I have stayed on course really well so far, and i have changed my whole life style..I believe that is the key to this working for ME.. My life does NOT revolve around food anymore..I eat to live now. I exercise and i am very aware of EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth..I am not perfect by any means. And i have my hard moments , but i just keep plugging away and try my best to do whats right for my body. The head hunger will always b there, and i deal with it some days better than others but thats ok, i am human...This is the best thing i have ever done for myself, loving my RNY...Wishing all who are waiting for surgery good luck, and everyone else  Krista....Take care everyone..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Ipatton
on 11/27/14 1:17 am - Canada

Stories like this help with my confidence going into my surgery next Friday.  Keep it up

Ipatton
on 11/27/14 1:17 am - Canada

Stories like this help with my confidence going into my surgery next Friday.  Keep it up

kristaeb
on 11/27/14 11:14 pm

Good luck next Friday. I am sure you will do great...Krista..

Can_Lil_Saint
on 11/27/14 1:39 am - Georgetown, Canada

Patm
on 11/27/14 2:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad to hear all is going well. Keep up the great work

kristaeb
on 11/27/14 11:15 pm

Thank-you hun..Krista..

lammytee14
on 11/27/14 4:30 am

Your post is very encouraging. I recently met with surgeon here in Ottawa and waiting for "the call" which I'm told will be 2-3 months...but that's all good. It will happen when it's meant to happen.

I am curious how your success compares to the goal set by you and the surgeon ahead of surgery. Have you surpassed expectations or are you on target? A size 4 is nowhere on my radar...more like size 14 at this point...

I love all the info and encouragement on here. Thanks to all!

kristaeb
on 11/28/14 12:00 am

Hi, well my original goal was to get healthy and off all my meds.. That happened really fast. Off 3 blood pressure pills , no more puffers, and no more pain when when walking..ALL GONE...Then i put a size 10 as my goal for size..I passed that so quick it was amazing..The energy i have is incredible now..I had a revision from a old VSG surgery in the 90s, and they say that revisions dont do as well, but i was determined to prove them wrong lol..I have surpassed everything i have imagined . My advice to anyone who does this is listen to your body, i never push the limits , i still measure everything and dont test my pouch..I want to have this for as long as i can. Educate your self as much as possible while you are waiting... I cut back on carbs, stopped drinking pop and cut back sugar and  coffee .. LONG before my surgery.. I did one thing at a time so it was easier after surgery..Everyone is different and what works for me may not work for you, but you will figure it out..I look forward to seeing your progress..And one other thing, the vets on here are amazing and have helped me soooo much with their info..They are the ones who pave the way for us, and tell us their journey so we can learn from them so very much...Good luck to you, and everyone..Krista..

lammytee14
on 11/28/14 3:30 am

Thanks, Krista! That's awesome how many improvements that have happened with your health in this journey...along with the vets on here...I love reading about successes and the support everyone provides.

I've been following the advice of preparing well ahead of time...especially stopping caffeine...that wasn't easy but it is now done. And reading as much information as possible...I think I have those books from the WMC memorized! Looking forward to my turn to announce successes in the new year.

Tammy

Most Active
Recent Topics