I'm not hungry at all

sadgirl89
on 12/18/14 7:16 am

Came home yesterday from surgery and I'm already having some problems... as soon as I took my multivitamins this morning I was so full... my protein shake took forever to finish and it was such a small amount. I did however manage to eat half of my package of jello and I drank quite a bit of water, as well as managed to get down my other vitamins throughout the day.  Now I'm just sitting here trying to drink my 2nd protein shake and I can't...2 sips is all I can manage... I'm so turned off with food and I'm so sad I can't even eat anything I'm supposed to be eating on this liquid diet. I want to cry, am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to be forcing myself to eat something? 

Karen M.
on 12/18/14 8:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

You are not doing anything wrong. You just had major surgery on your gut and intestines - you're not gonna be hungry. In fact, I haven't been hungry in almost 9 years since my RNY surgery. Right now getting fluids in is crucial - I know you don't feel like it, but you must sip, sip, sip and if part of the sipping is a protein shake, all the better.

This new life takes learning and practice. Keep at it, you'll be just fine.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

sadgirl89
on 12/18/14 9:59 am

Thank you so much Karen, I definitely will continue sipping on my fluids as much as possible. To be honest I don't think I'll ever miss the feeling of being hungry lol but I just don't want to feel like I'm forcing myself to eat either.

Karen M.
on 12/18/14 10:57 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yeah, the first few weeks are tough and a lot of trial and error. I remember thinking I was doing everything wrong too in my first few days especially. You don't need to force feed, but you DO need to force the liquids. The last thing you want to be dealing with is dehydration. Hang in there :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

sadgirl89
on 12/18/14 12:08 pm

No, I definitely don't want to be dealing with that! Your response means so much to me, thank you Karen!

Most Active
Recent Topics