1 Year Surgiversary - Then and Now Photo - 160 pounds down

Zavz
on 12/29/14 9:35 am - Canada

Hi Everyone,

Shortest year of my life.  Had RNY Dec 12 2013.  Starting weight was 425 lbs. Weight on December 12 2014 was 265. (260 as of today)

Toughest part by far was FOUR weeks on Optifast. 

On the day of my surgiversary a friend asked what had changed the most from that day one year before.  Took a moment to answer but finally decided that things were now effortless. I can effortlessly walk 5K, I can effortlessly stand on one foot and put on my shoes.  I don't have to measure or conserve my energy as it is no longer in short supply. 

I measured everything religiously.  I would then put my portion on my plate, then measure it to see if I got it right until I was eventually was always getting the measurements right. I wouldn't leave it to chance and still spot check myself regularly. 

I use My Fitness Pal to track my food and I have had a Fitbit since day one.  Both have helped motivate me and keep me on track and striving to beat the number of steps I took in a day until I was easily reaching 10,000 steps a day.

I follow the centre's plan 100% of the time. So I do eat carbs, 1/4 cup at a time.

A year ago I was a size 30, today I am a 22.  

In September I went to a Weight Loss Surgery Conference in Orlando, it was awesome, what was also awesome as no seatbelt extender and riding the rides at Universal Studios!

But, as they say, best decision I ever made!  I tell any one that asks about the surgery because I want to educate people and maybe help others. Was even thinking of posting this picture on Facebook.....

surgiversary

jaxie77
on 12/29/14 9:50 am, edited 12/29/14 9:50 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Wow ! Beautiful  ! Just beautiful   Well done to you ! You have really did amazingly well , and you are so inspirational . I am currently 2 weeks out , detemined to do everything to my surgeons plan ,and need to make a success out of this for myself . When I read stories like yours , it just puts even more fire in my belly !! Congratulations  xx 

Jax .

P.s .....I was going to post on here to see if anyone else is on MFP as I just realized you can friend and support each other by being able to see each others food logs . I've been on it for a while and did not know this ( im slow , I know ) and I feel it would be helpful for accountability . For me anyway . My user name is Jaxiebeans  ( don't laugh !) .....so if you wanted to , you could add me ?

Zavz
on 12/29/14 10:21 pm - Canada

Thanks Jax!   My name on MFP is also Zavz. I can't see how to add friends. Also I have lost the last few months for some reason but my early stuff is still in there which is likely the most useful anyway

Carrie

Patm
on 12/29/14 10:20 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations you look fantastic. I hope you continued to have success

emilyFIT
on 12/29/14 12:05 pm - Ontario, Canada

AWESOME transformation! Very well done Zavz.

emilyFIT.com | Follow my journey from super morbidly obese to functionally fit.

mum2TNT
on 12/29/14 1:25 pm - Oshawa, Canada

I have said this to you before, but WOW you are beautiful girl.  YOU definitely are an inspiration to this girl, who is still in the early stages and hoping to have surgery this spring.  I can't believe how much you have lost!!! WOW keep up the great work!!!!

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Seyenna
on 12/29/14 5:21 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

The first thing I notice is how wide and beautiful your eyes are. You must be so thrilled! Congrats on all of your hard work, you look so youthful and happy.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

lammytee14
on 12/29/14 8:42 pm

Congratulations on a very successful year! You should be very proud of yourself...you look amazing (and more importantly, feel amazing). Keep up the great work!

Karen M.
on 12/29/14 9:52 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Simply AWESOME. Huge congratulations to you and Happy One Year!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 12/29/14 9:57 pm - Toronto, Canada

Amazing work Lady!! congrats to you. Keep up the fantastic work.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active
Recent Topics