Which Protein Powders ???

ArleneAnne
on 12/31/14 9:11 pm - Oakville, Canada

Greetings

I am almost 1 month post surgery .... and am still not settled on which protein powder is best for me ! .... Protein Plus (from Superstore) seems to mix well but I need 5 scoops per day to get to the required amount of protein I need ...... the Walmart brand seems really, really gummy ...... does anyone else have any ideas/comments ...... plus ... where is the best to purchase ..... cost is a MAJOR factor !

Coco2013
on 12/31/14 10:17 pm

My personal preference is Costco if you have a card.  They are dyna whey brand  they have different flacours but I like cappuccino the best.  Powder mixes in water so I can take anywhere and not worry.  Everyone likes different brands so its finding one you ****  Also you have to order these online and they are delivered free.... since no Costco where I live this works great for me.

TanyaLH
on 1/2/15 8:00 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Coco, I am interested in trying this brand, I have a question that you might be able to answer for me. When you order from Costco, it says 2 bags for 46.00 My question is, can you pick 2 different flavours or do you have to get 2 the same. Also, can all the flavours be mixed with milk or water?

Thank you

Tanya

Coco2013
on 1/3/15 7:59 am

Hi Tanya

yyes the box comes with 2 of the same flavour. I mix them all with water and ice.  I have had most of the flavours.  I like them all.  I usually split the boxes with my sister, order 2 flavours as each bag lasts about a month when drinking 1 shake a day. I hope this helps

Cathy

TanyaLH
on 1/3/15 8:03 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

thanks Cathy, helps alot!

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/14 10:39 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

My Personal preference is Unjury - www.Unjury.com

ready-4-new-start
on 12/31/14 10:59 pm - Canada

Hi, I am waiting to start my journey.. When I was training with personal trainer he had me on isoflex.. I did try a lot of different brands of protein powders and I like the isoflex the best. I have tried the brands at Walmart recently hard to mix and taste horrible.. Walmart does carry isoflex but only in chocolate chip small tube for $19.99.. It has zero sugar, 1 gram of carbs, 27 grams of protein per serving.. I mix it with almond or soya milk taste like chocolate milk.. Gnc has the 2 lb tube for $47 I think around there.. So Walmart is cheaper if you buy two tubes your saving 7 or 8 dollars that's if ur gnc member.. I did check another health food store there price was the same as gnc... For Christmas I got the isoflex strawberry. Yesterday I did make a smoothie with it added some frozen strawberries bananas mango and raspberries with water the taste was good.. With being very new to this journey I don't know if you can mix fruit and vegetables to protein powders I haven't tried it the strawberry isoflex with almond or soya milk yet.. 

msmuggins
on 1/1/15 2:38 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

I love Isoflex too -- especially the vanilla (you can add so many things to it to switch up the flavour).  I've found the best deal on Isoflex is from fitshop.ca.  They sell Isoflex for a discount if you buy two tubs at once (and the deal is even better on the 5lb tubs, but I'd make sure you try a sample to be sure you like it before you invest in the big ones).

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Blueiiis
on 1/1/15 12:53 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

If you have a popeye's near you, check it out. They have samples for you to try, and I find them cheaper than any other supplement store. You also earn Popeye's bucks which you can use to save money.  I don't work for these guys, but of all the stores I have gone into looking for protein, these guys were the best.  Not to mention they have a huge selection of Quest bars when you get to that stage.

cutekatie
on 1/1/15 10:34 pm
RNY on 05/16/12

I agree. I've only ever gotten my protein powders from there. I use the Biox Extreme - I switch between chocolate and vanilla.

In terms of cost remember that eventually you'll be getting your protein from food, so the cost will go down.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Most Active
Recent Topics