GOT MY DATE

dolce1968
on 1/23/15 5:13 am

I can finally stop biting my nails...LOL

Ella from Dr H's office contacted me today with my scheduled "REVISION" date.   Mark your calendars, March 24th, still a couple of months to go but can already feel the excitement building inside me especially after having to deal with some very stressful issues over the last few months.  Lost my dad.

Am extremely nervous too as so many have said it's alot more riskier than the original surgery (VBG) but I am sure that I'm in good hands with Dr Hagen and my daddy will be looking over me, keeping me calm and safe 

Opti starting on March 10th, any recommendations, Vanilla or Chocolate?  Recipes?

Surgery is at HRRH

Dreamy74
on 1/23/15 5:22 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Congratulations!  And so sad to hear about your Dad's passing.

I started Opti January 16th and I recommend getting more chocolate than vanilla, adding more than 300 mL of water and blending with lots and lots of ice.  Adding brewed coffee or instant coffee to opti (if you like coffee) is good too.  I also put a raspberry crystal light in with my vanilla shake a couple of times and it tastes good.

So you had a VSG and they are revising to an Roux-en-Y?  So exciting!!!

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

dolce1968
on 1/23/15 5:26 am

Yes had the VSG back in the early 90's at St Joe's Toronto.  Shortly after my surgery the surgeon lost his license but not to malpractice or anything.  There was no follow up and I got sick constantly throwing up and heartburn etc.  After years of thinking there was nothing that could be done, someone told me about revision and Dr H.  

I had tests done that revealed there were strictures, I suffer from GERDS and Heartburn everyday, so yes, I'm excited!!!! 

Crystal Light, I can do that :)  Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/15 7:47 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Sorry for your loss...

And congrats on getting your date. I only had the choice of vanilla, as chocolate was out of stock. I did try both though, and i have to say, I must be an oddball, because I preferred the vanilla, when everyone else seems to prefer chocolate. I mixed mine with decaf coffee daily. I actually started to crave it.

jessiak
on 1/23/15 10:43 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada

Congrats! Woo :)
I dont mind either opti. I drink chocolate plain, and mix vanilla with a decaf chai tea :) both are good enough!

Referral sent : July 29, 2014 |  Orientation : Oct 17, 2014  |  Blood work & ECG : Oct 20, 2014  |  Medical Intake : Oct 23, 2014  | Ultrasound Appt : Nov 3, 2014 | Dietician : Nov 5th, 2014  |   Psychologist : Nov 6, 2014  | Opti : Jan 15th |  Surgery : Jan 28th

Robyn R.
on 1/23/15 11:03 pm - Bowmanville, Canada

Congrats!  I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad, my aunt & my grandmother during my journey. We were all very close so it was hard.  You are in great hands with Dr Hagen.

i found the Chocolate opti the best. & I got Ella on her last day before mat leave so she sold 3/4 choc & 1/4 vanilla.  I used sf torani syrups & baking extracts in mine. Pumpkin pie spice for vanilla & mint in chocolate was my fave

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

dolce1968
on 1/25/15 9:49 pm

Hey Robyn *hugs*

Hope all is well in your world.

Sorry for your losses as well, it can be so stressful and draining at times.

Are you all done now with your visits to Dr H?

I asked Ella to book me to see him one last time before surgery, just to review everything, she said that was a great idea and booked me for the same time I am to pick up my Opti :)

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/15 11:04 pm

Excellent and exciting news!  Sad to hear about your loss and struggles over the past few months but you're definitely correct by saying your dad will be watching over you   That's for certain 😁

Now for opti, I found pineapple/coconut crystal lite and mixed that with the vanilla and in my head it's considered my pina coloda.  Almond extract in chocolate is good too. Coffee in everything is superb. 

Good of luck dolce and keep us posted! 

Rose xo

dolce1968
on 1/25/15 9:48 pm

Thank you everyone for the great words of encouragement and congrats!

I will only be on the Opti Fast for two weeks so might do a mix up of the two flavors.  Hopefully I can research some interesting recipes for the Opti and all the stages following surgery as I want to do this the right way.

Jiliana2
on 1/25/15 11:33 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

The Ontario Group has a stickied post on Optifast Recipes. Check them out. Some are amazing.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your dad; my condolences.

Wishing you luck as you go through the revision with Dr. H. Fingers crossed it all goes super smoothly!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Most Active
Recent Topics