Today is my Orenation at Humber river Im Nervous

threelilbugs41
on 3/15/15 2:21 pm - Canada

What should I expect and what should I bring

LynTO
on 3/15/15 3:30 pm, edited 3/15/15 3:52 pm - Canada

Hi!

There is no need to be nervous!   You'll need to bring your questionnaire that you may have received in the mail, if not they will have extra copies there (and your health card).  The orientation is simply that, an orientation, they are going to tell you about the surgery and the difference between RNY and VSG. They will talk about the phases of eating after surgery as well they will provide you with some literature that will better your understanding, enabling you to make an informed decision.  You will also sign a consent to begin the process at the end of the orientation.  

After this you will wait to get your appointments from the surgeon, nutritionist, social worker, RN and the internist. When you've met all of the above they will make a decision about your fitness for surgery. You must demonstrate that you are well informed about the surgery and all the associated risks. They will also want to know what other methods of weight loss you have tried previously, surgery should be a last resort!

Good Luck and feel free to ask more questions as there is a wealth of knowledge and experience on this site!

Lyn

Referral Sent: March 26, 2014 Referral Received: April 9, 2014 Information Session @ HRRH: July 21, 2014 Meet Surgeon - Dr. Huynh: Oct 14, 2014 Nut/SW/RN:  Oct 30, 2014  Internist: Feb 2, 2015 Opti: April 10, 2015 Surgery DateApril 24, 2015

Seyenna
on 3/15/15 11:42 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

The orientation is both the easiest (in terms of what you need to do) and the hardest appointment (only because it's the first step and everything else feels SO FAR away). You'll be fine. You can bring a friend or family member, I believe, but don't bring someone that will be negative and just try to talk you out of it like I did. Good luck on the rest of your journey!

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Most Active
Recent Topics