SURGERY DONE....

dolce1968
on 3/31/15 4:17 am

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know that Surgery (Marh 24th) went well.  I had a slight issue with my oxygen levels but nothing life threatening.

Dr Hagen is AWESOME and anyone who has the option to have him as your surgeon, be honoured.  His bedside manner is incredible.  

I was concerned at first with the weight when I got home because it showed I gained and could not understand it but after a few days and my one week check up I'm down 12 pounds 

It may take a little longer because it is a revision from a VBG to a RNY but well worth it.  NO MORE ACID REFLUX and I have not vomitted in over a week which was something that was happening almost every other day.

Strictures are gone too.

I'm on full liquids and somewhat struggling because I can't have cream soups they make me sick (gag) LOL...so sticking with broth and jello.

He said I can start puree's on Sunday since it's EASTER and not sure what to puree as I don't want to over do it any suggestions would be great...My family is italian so it's always a feast on holidays, HAM, CHICKEN, PASTA, SALAD...and desserts (I'm not a sweets person so that is fine)

Looking forward to getting to ONEderland soon....

OH YES...not sure if anyone knows or is interested (ladies of course) Hubby went to Jones New York (they are shutting all locations September 2015) and bought me all sorts of clothes in smaller sizes (14 / 12) to encourage me.....3 dresses, 2 slacks, 3 blouses and 2 sweaters all for under $250 great deals / discounts.

dolce 

ORIGINAL STOMACH STAPLING (VBG) 1994; FIRST REFERRAL REVISION - 2012 (LOST) SECOND REFERRAL REVISION (MAY 2014) ORIENTATION HRRH - July 2014; MEET R/N; NUTRI; SW - AUGUST 2014; 2nd APPT SW END OF AUGUST 2014; DR GLAZIER AUGUST 24 - DR HAGEN (Surgeon) SEPTEMBER 2014; DR HAGEN - MARCH 9th 2015 ; OPTI START MARCH 10 2015; REVISION SURGERY MARCH 24th 2015 HRRH (DR HAGEN)

Robyn R.
on 3/31/15 4:32 am - Bowmanville, Canada

Congrats!  I'm glad all went well!

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

dolce1968
on 3/31/15 4:34 am

Hey Robyn, how are you feeling these days? 

ORIGINAL STOMACH STAPLING (VBG) 1994; FIRST REFERRAL REVISION - 2012 (LOST) SECOND REFERRAL REVISION (MAY 2014) ORIENTATION HRRH - July 2014; MEET R/N; NUTRI; SW - AUGUST 2014; 2nd APPT SW END OF AUGUST 2014; DR GLAZIER AUGUST 24 - DR HAGEN (Surgeon) SEPTEMBER 2014; DR HAGEN - MARCH 9th 2015 ; OPTI START MARCH 10 2015; REVISION SURGERY MARCH 24th 2015 HRRH (DR HAGEN)

Catw
on 3/31/15 5:00 am - Arnprior, Canada

Congrats!  The initial up was probably from the IV Fluids you were on.  But looks like you are doing well.

As for Easter dinner, take something with you, it'll be easier.  Perhaps chili or something.  I wouldn't eat solid meat, and pasta wouldn't be a good choice (if it has a meat sauce, or any non dairy sauce, you could have some of that).  I'd wait a bit for salads as well.  You could also take some Easter Egg salad (plain ol egg salad, but on Easter) to eat.

Take a couple selections with you, in case one doesn't agree with your tummy.

Enjoy!

Cathy

Diane1963
on 3/31/15 5:07 am - Orangeville , Canada

Hi I had my RNY dec 4th. I was on full liquids for a month after surgery. I took baby food with me at Christmas, and greek yogurt. You can get puréed chicken casserole - baby food. I found that worked for me, as I couldn't eat turkey dinner or ham etc. I still find I take something with me when I go somewhere as most times I still have trouble eating what's before me. 

Hope this helps.

Diane

lammytee14
on 3/31/15 5:22 am

I'm glad all went well for you with the surgery.

I'm on the pureed food stage right now. I made hubby a curry chicken in a cream sauce that had onions and peas in it. (Well, not reall cream...coconut milk base) I pureed about a cup of that...I add some chicken broth when I reheat since it gets pretty dry and hard to stomach. I have 2 tbsp at a meal.

Good to know about Jones New York...may check that out...

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

Patm
on 3/31/15 5:25 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad you are felling better. Yogurt has always agreed with me. Slides down nice and easy. So does cottage cheese. I never liked baby food. Too bland. You can puree almost anything. just pick something you like. i have an issue with eggs except poached.

Hope you have a Happy Easter

Northernlightsmom
on 3/31/15 5:31 am - Canada

Glad everything went well. Onderland will come quicker than you think. Cheers to a speedy recovery. 

Tara :)

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Karen M.
on 3/31/15 9:14 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Congratulations on your successful surgery and welcome to the bench! I couldn't agree more about Dr. Hagen as I had a flawless experience with him 9 years ago for my RNY.

I think many of us would like to know if your husband would be available to provide training to our significant others? How incredibly thoughtful!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

dolce1968
on 4/1/15 2:09 am

I want to thank everyone truly from the bottom of my heart.  I don't think there is a better group of folks both men and women other than those on OH.  There were many times when I was struggling with myself and felt myself rethinking what I was doing but with all the wonderful support and advice received from many of you I conquered and survived.  I AM A SURVIVOR.  WE ARE ALL SURVIVORS.

My new life is going to be a better life, not only in health but in self.  I didn't like myself for the longest time and carried alot of guilt for the food choices I made and for failing VBG (even though Dr H tried telling me it wasn't all my fault)

I too was an emotional eater but now, I can control all that.

This program and surgery is not a "quick fix" its' all about will power, mindful eating and dedication.  It's not hard to go back to your old ways and watch the weight come back, slowly but eventually all if not more.  I don't want to be sick anymore. I don't want to have others mock / comment at me, I don't want to feel ashamed to be out at parties, gatherings, anywhere.  And not all of it was because of weight but rather emotional.  I did not like myself but, today I can truly say, I love myself and couldn't have felt better.  I am already off my bp medication and I am only 8 days out from surgery.  My own family physician has seen a great change in my attitude as well as my bp....LOL

again...thank you thank you

dolce

Most Active
Recent Topics