HEADLINE: "Woman gets 2 years"

roxytrim
on 4/12/15 11:17 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

....100 pounds went missing... Yes it's that time to look and think how has my journey been unfolding?  Well, I'm at that point where I don't get the ohhs & ahhs we all get when we are shedding our obese selves when people haven't seen you for a while or those NSV's are being discovered at a weekly rate.  I am grateful that phase is over because for me it can become too much of a motivator and when it stops, I think where's my reinforcement, cudos, and other external motivators??? Now its all normalized and I remember that this journey is a marathon, not a sprint like many have wisely posted here.  I've also put myself first in my life.  I have learned that unless I look after myself, I'm not going to be a very strong support for those in my life important to me.  What this means is that my daily workout is as important as eating a meal, and drinking water as important as breathing.  

I look on this site very frequently and respond sometimes.  I admire and thank all those people who after months and years are dedicated to sharing their knowledge & experience, it is important that we all keep this Ontario Forum active, supportive and helpful for our Bariatric community.  I will always be grateful to the Ontario Healhcare System for being progressive in their approach to Obesity Management in our province and offering WLS as part of this management plan, we are so fortunate here.  

My body looks different, but my brain is still the same one, with all of its fears, monsters, needs/wants & desires,  but I'm going to be in more control and have certainly gained improved self awareness and am very appreciative I was given this tool.

Now...if I could only get my brain to figure out how to post before & aft pictures... ( it would be nice if this site could make it more intutive for us old farts!)

Seyenna
on 4/12/15 11:22 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

"Went missing"! Love it. Congrats on your successes and may you continue to be as successful as you are now. 

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Patm
on 4/12/15 11:24 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Nice to hear from you. I am glad you are doing so well. I hope your success continues

Drvn2skcede
on 4/13/15 3:06 am

*like *like!  Congrats to you and thanks for sharing your journey and reminding us that it's not all about the loss, but about the journey 'after' the loss as well!

Referral (OWMC): January 12, 2015; Orientation: April 20, 2015; Intake Nurse: Jul 8, 2015; Beh/Nut: Oct 20, 2015. Beh2: Nov 23, 2015; Nut2: Dec 15, 2015; Pre-Sx Class: January 22, 2016; Surgeon Appt: February 8, 2016; Surgery: March 9, 2016.

dolce1968
on 4/16/15 1:42 am

love this.  Thanks for sharing

ORIGINAL STOMACH STAPLING (VBG) 1994; FIRST REFERRAL REVISION - 2012 (LOST) SECOND REFERRAL REVISION (MAY 2014) ORIENTATION HRRH - July 2014; MEET R/N; NUTRI; SW - AUGUST 2014; 2nd APPT SW END OF AUGUST 2014; DR GLAZIER AUGUST 24 - DR HAGEN (Surgeon) SEPTEMBER 2014; DR HAGEN - MARCH 9th 2015 ; OPTI START MARCH 10 2015; REVISION SURGERY MARCH 24th 2015 HRRH (DR HAGEN)

Most Active
Recent Topics