Change in Ring Size

charminglearner
on 4/19/15 11:14 am
RNY on 10/27/14

I haven't been able to wear my engagement ring for a few months (RNY Oct 27, 2014) and my fiance has been teasing me about going out without  my ring.  It's a size 9.  I'm now a size 7.  I have 29 pounds left to reach goal.  So I'm wondering if it should be re-sized to a 6 and a half?  Is that reasonable?

Mas
on 4/19/15 12:04 pm

Just a thought....why not get a ring spacer as a temporary fix and wait until you've finished your weight loss to get it sized....that way you won't be putting the ring through the process more than once. Good luck. 

charminglearner
on 4/19/15 1:14 pm
RNY on 10/27/14

I hadn't thought of that. Where do I buy spacers?  

Thank you for your advice!

Mas
on 4/19/15 2:05 pm

I would go the jewelry store where the ring was purchased.  Good luck and continued success.  

Julz1974
on 4/19/15 12:20 pm - Bowmanville, Canada

I have my wedding band and engagement ring and one generation hand down ring on the other hand...fit great at a size 10... I am now down that they will have to go to a six.  I have had spacers in them the whole time.  Only cost four to six dollars fast to do and easier and nicer then not wearing them.  I was advised not to get them done (sized) till at goal and a little maintainance time as to make sure and not to waste the rings going through more then they have to.  Just what I was advised but I would stick with spacers....they certainly have saved me with mine.  

charminglearner
on 4/19/15 1:13 pm
RNY on 10/27/14

Thank you.  That's great advice!

Julz1974
on 4/19/15 7:55 pm - Bowmanville, Canada

Hope it all works out for you, I miss my rings when they are not on....They don't do any damage to rings at all and they will match the gold or silver of your ring. Any jewelry store does them, my rings are from Spence and I just went into a jewelry store down the street close to me and they put them on....you move the spacer as you loss the weight more to feel good and comfy on your finger.  I had to move mine so much it got to weak so while on vacation last week....I walked into a local jewelry store there and they replaced it in a minute better then it being lost on the beach, lol.  Only thing I find wrong is using actual bars of soap, you wash your hands and the bar soap will get stuck in the spacer, sounds funny and odd but it does happen, lol. Good luck. Have a good day.

charminglearner
on 4/20/15 9:09 am
RNY on 10/27/14

I'll keep the soap thing in mind.  I do use bar soap, all the time.  So the liquid soap is a better solution with spacers then?  Good to know!

Most Active
Recent Topics