Surgery and cold

Luckyclover84
on 4/17/15 8:26 pm - Canada

Was anyone sick with a cold when they did surgery. I have a cold and am terrified they are going to cancell my surgery!!! 

SW: 320, optifast: march 31/15 surgery: april 21/15 TEGH

Karen M.
on 4/17/15 8:35 pm, edited 4/17/15 8:35 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I've heard of several people who develop a cold immediately prior to surgery. The vast majority have no issues in going forward with the surgery. As long as it isn't in your chest you'll likely be okay. You don't mention when your surgery is. If it was me, I would call my centre first thing Monday morning for advice and to let them know. If your surgery is Monday morning, well.... I guess you'll go and find out! Rest up and hopefully this passes quickly!

Edited to add: Sorry, I just noticed your signature and your surgery is Tuesday. Hopefully you'll be feeling a fair amount better by then - my advice stands on calling them Monday morning.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

mum2TNT
on 4/18/15 12:24 am - Oshawa, Canada

I know exactly how you feel.  I went to my pre-op Wednesday and was sick plus severe seasonal allergies.  They checked my throat and chest and they were clear.  The nurse told me if I wasn't feeling better in a few days to go see my doctor as they want you to be healthy for the surgery.  I think they are mostly concerned with chest infection, etc.  I would go to a clinic TODAY just to rule out any chest issues.  Don't stress, I am sure you will be fine HUGS and feel better ASAP vibes coming your way!

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Most Active
Recent Topics