So far so good....

Can_Lil_Saint
on 4/24/15 2:38 am - Georgetown, Canada

And it was very tasty!

I decided to take advantage of Spring and had decided to try something new.

I ventured out to day and had a spinach salad with poppy seed dressing topped with slivered almonds and strawberries.

So far the tummy troll hasn't started talking and I feel "full"

I was honestly scared since I have seen the stories and met folks that have had blockages from lettuce.   So I figured after 4.5 months post op I had to have greens at some point.

Patm
on 4/24/15 3:38 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds like a great salad. Now if they could just add some protein to it

Karen M.
on 4/24/15 4:13 am - Mississauga, Canada

I love a spinach salad - lovely. But mine always have a source of protein in it, whether it be chicken or cheese or tuna or..... pick your poison. I eat the protein mostly first with a bite or two of salad greens alongside. Also, I'm not sure what "blockages" you're referring to? Lettuce and leafy greens can be hard to digest, chew, swallow, but I don't know anything about "blockages".

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Can_Lil_Saint
on 4/24/15 5:28 am - Georgetown, Canada

I did have some sliced almonds on the salad and there was an option for chicken so I think I will add the chicken to it next time.

A gal in my support group had a chicken ceasar salad and ended up having lettuce cover up her little hole and she couldn't even drink water since it just "rebounded" back out.

She had a scope and the scope pushed the little bite of lettuce through and she has been right as rain ever since.

Karen M.
on 4/24/15 6:27 am - Mississauga, Canada

Oh good lord, your poor friend. I've had PLENTY of stuff not go down, bounce back up and end up in the toilet, but never something so stuck that I needed a scope! Yikes and yuck :/

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics