Got my surgery date! First day of 4 weeks of opti has begun!

Ontario_Girl
on 5/25/15 7:38 am - Canada

So much excitement, fear and emotion running through me! On Friday I had my surgeons appointment and was given my surgery date of June 22nd! I started 4 weeks of opti today. It's going to be a long 4 weeks but I can do it! 

When I started this process in January I didn't realize it would be so quick. I'm ready! 

Just a girl trying to become a better ME. Healthier ME. Learning to be happy with ME and love ME. One day at a time.

Catw
on 5/25/15 7:53 am - Arnprior, Canada

Congratulations on your surgery date!  4 weeks isn't so long.  You'll rock it!  If you need to, check out the Surviving Opti thread in the recipe forum!

Countdown is on!

Cathy

Ontario_Girl
on 5/25/15 8:17 am - Canada

Thanks! I will do that :)

Just a girl trying to become a better ME. Healthier ME. Learning to be happy with ME and love ME. One day at a time.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 5/25/15 7:59 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I am 5 months post-WLS.  I remember my surgeon telling me that he wanted me to lose weight before surgery - My Immediate internal mental response was defeatest - "Why bother - it will just come back" - then I realized - No, it won't that's what the surgery is all about!  The thought that I would not regain the pre-surgery weight helped me make good decisions during that pre-surgery phase.  I kept thinking that every pound that I lose pre-surgery is just moving me closer to my goal.  

Best wishes (and follow instructions),

Sharon

Ontario_Girl
on 5/25/15 8:18 am - Canada

Thanks! I sure will :) Best wishes to you as well!

Seyenna
on 5/25/15 8:24 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Wow that was nice and fast! Congrats, there's many on here who will be a bit jealous I'm sure :)

Good luck with the Opti, it'll be over before you know it.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Ontario_Girl
on 5/27/15 5:53 am - Canada

Thank you! This morning I decided to quit trying to make it fancy, used what was needed to chug it down and was done and over it in a few mins.. lol. 9 down... 103 left to go! :P

Keith_K
on 5/25/15 10:27 am - Milton, Canada

Congratulations on getting your surgery date. Life enters the reality mode when that happens. The best thing about Optifast is that it ends. It doesn't last as long as it sounds at the beginning. The Optifast post on the recipes page is definitely worth a read. Be sure to look at it. Do some reading about your food options after surgery, too.

Good luck in your preparations and good luck with your surgery. I am 2 weeks post op and everything has gone super well. I am sure that it will for you.

Ontario_Girl
on 5/27/15 5:51 am - Canada

Thank You and Congrats! All the best in your new journey :)

LukesMom5
on 5/25/15 6:46 pm - Lindsay, Canada

Wow Congratulations! Thats the fastest start to finish Ive seen :) you will do great!

HRRH Orientation Jan. 9, 2015 ~Sleep study Feb. 21, 2015~1st appt (Dr.Starr) June 15, 2015~ TRIO July 27, 2015 ~transfer to(Dr.Hagen) Aug 10, 2015 ~(Dr.Glazer) Aug.12,2015 ~PATTS Aug 19, 2015 ~start OPTI Aug.20, 2015 ~RNY SURGERY SEPT 4,2015

Go Team   

Most Active
Recent Topics