What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

TanyaLH
on 5/31/15 2:08 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

2 years post op

steps 9848

Good morning all...

2 years post op today...where has the time gone? I want to say thanks to you all for the support and advice I have received on here. It has not been an easy journey, but it has not been very difficult either. I am thank I have had no complication. Not sure I where I would be on this journey without you guys so thank you everyone!

Today I will celebrate my 2 year surgiversary by going to the gym after work, and alittle clothing shopping.

What does everyone else have planned for this Sunday?

B 2 boiled eggs, protein coffee

S 1/2 cottage cheese w/ 1 mini cucumber

L 4 oz chicken breast w/ Frenchs Spicy Mustard (have you guys tried this? really good) 3/4 c sweet kale salad

D 4 oz baked trout, 1 tbs rice, 5 asparagus spears

S Source greek yogurt (Cherry)

Be well everyone

Tanya

birdiegirl
on 5/31/15 3:13 am

RNY  6 Years 1 Month Post Op

Morning

Big congrats Tanya on your successful 2 years.  You did all the right things to get to goal and stay there!  Keep logging and paying attention as you know by reading that things can change sometime after the 2 year mark.  Your eating always looks great - you have really changed your life and how you live it.

Today I have some household stuff to do and having family for dinner.

STEPS - 18,677 plus 64 hills

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

GNC Strawberry protein shake - still haven't tried it though its been on my menu for 3 days.  Hated the Chocolate and really liked the vanilla.  They are more volume then the Premier shakes  - I can have a tough time getting it all in by the time I blend with some ice.

L - 1.5 cups of tomato/feta/pepper and vidalia onion salad

4 oz grilled chicken breast

D - Roasted veg with goats cheese

5 oz maple salmon

1/2 cup of my baked beans

S - Source Key Lime yogurt with sprinkle of fibre one and cool whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,135,  Carbs - 99 grams,  Fat - 30 Grams,  Protein - 113 grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Zizzler
on 5/31/15 4:46 am

I usually drink half of the gnc shake, then some coffee, then the rest of the shake.  I find I usually can't drink the whole thing in one sitting.

Onward and
Downward

on 5/31/15 3:38 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hi Tanya and everyone. :) Tanya, happy surgiversary!  

Today looks overcast and rainy, so it will be a great day to get some laundry and housecleaning done. I was at an all-day meeting yesterday, and while I didn't plan my eating beforehand (I should have, but I was in a rush to get out the door since the meeting was across town), I logged all my food from yesterday into MFP today and I didn't do too badly calorie-wise. Carb-wise it wasn't great though, since of course it was hotel food.

I woke up around 5 a.m. this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up, checked my email, and now I'm sleepy again. So, after planning my food, I think I'm going to go and do the rest of my sleeping in. :) So I'm thinking probably my breakfast will carry me until lunch, no morning snack.

2.5 YEARS POST-RNY

B - 1 egg fried in 1 tsp olive oil, on 1 slice of P28 toast

L - 8 asparagus spears wrapped in 4 slices (or so) of black forest ham, grilled with a bit of olive oil on the tips (Still going to buy that prociutto soon!) The calorie count for that is surprisingly low, so if I'm still hungry, I'll have a "dessert" of 1/2 cup light ricotta/vanilla/splenda topped with 1/2 cup blueberries. If not, then I'll have it an hour or two later.

S - 2 devilled egg halves

D - Marinated BBQ'd chicken breast, 1/4-1/2 cup roasted root veggies (I counted the larger serving), and a few spears of BBQ asparagus (can't get enough of that fresh asparagus)

S -1/2 cookies and cream Quest bar if I'm feeling nibbly

TOTALS: 101g protein, 49g fat, 90 carbs, 35g fiber, 1215 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

birdiegirl
on 5/31/15 4:40 am

Strawberry GNC protein shake - not for me - going down the drain now...lol    I would buy  more of the vanilla if convenient otherwise I am going back to Premier chocolate.

Zizzler
on 5/31/15 4:54 am

Sorry to hear you are not liking the strawberry, it is my favourite of the three flavours. Vanilla was actually my least favourite.  Isn't it funny how we each have our own preferences? If anyone is interested in trying them, there is a buy one get one 50% off sale on a GN****il June 8th.  With this discount the member price for these shakes are actually cheaper than premier protein.  They are also low lactose if that is a concern for anyone. I am thinking of switching over altogether, I am not a fan of the non-resealable carton on the premier protein.

Karen M.
on 6/1/15 4:11 am - Mississauga, Canada

Premier has recently changed over to the screw-top (finally).

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 5/31/15 6:30 am

I found the strawberry one far too sweet and the flavour a little like strawberry jello.  For me adding coffee to vanilla cuts the sweetness.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 5/31/15 5:22 am

Happy surgiversary Tanya! 

Stepped on the scale this morning and...OVERWEIGHT!!!  Omg  I have been 1/5 of a pound away from overweight for some time now, its been really annoying not to see any movement.  This morning, I am at 173!!  I told myself pre-surgery that if I make it to overweight bmi I would be satisfied, and I totally am!  If I never lose another pound I am ok with it.  Pretty sure I will lose some more, but that is all gravy!

This morning I am doing a fundraiser dog walk for CNIB, this afternoon I have our end of year concert with my choir.  A busy day but should be a fun day. 

b - premier protein vanilla shake, later...xl decaf coffee from Tim Horton 

s - simply protein bar while at the walk, later...sf fruit punch koolaid

l - burger patty or hot dog at the fundraiser walk, no bun, fully loaded with toppings

s - plain liberte greek yogurt with mixed frozen berries and a little vanilla

d - bought some bf shaved ham and some Ontario asparagus, so its time to try the ham-wrapped asparagus recipe, I know it will be awesome. I froze the leftover chicken and broccoli alfredo I made yesterday and I will get 6 more meals out of it.  Awesome!

s - Spitz dill pickle sunflower seeds in shell...later...grape sf koolaid

all water and vits

Have a nice day everyone, I feel like a superstar today, going to enjoy it. 

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Monica9811
on 5/31/15 5:46 am - Peterborough, Canada

Congrats Zizzler!  Where do you buy the dill pickle sunflower seeds?

Most Active
Recent Topics