My Trio Appointment

BUFFY M.
on 6/2/15 6:51 pm - Bobcaygeon, Canada
RNY on 11/23/15

Ok so I had my trio appointments yesterday. I first saw the Nurse. My blood tests were discussed and I am low in vitamin A and D. So i have to take those vitamins for 3 weeks and have more blood taken but other than that I passed (PASS)

Next was the Social Worker. She asked how the procedure was done and the complications /problems that may happen. I was able to answer (PASS)

Last was the Dietician - (FAIL) Ack! yes! I have to have another session with the Dietician in 6 weeks. I came prepared but I guess even though my food choices were ok, they were not good enough. Meals are not balanced and I did not include "homecooked" meals. Grrrr. I gave up pop and caffinne and even junk food but nope! not good enough I guess.  I am to do another 3 day food log and I have to space my meals 4 to 6 hours apart. Every meal to include a protein, starch and vegetable and snacks no more than 150 calories. Sugars are to be limited to 10g and fats 5g.  Well at least the next meeting is over the phone but the waiting is driving me nuts!!!  

Patm
on 6/3/15 8:25 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Unfortunately this is not a fast process. I know for a fact they do not want to rush people through. I think they want everyone to have the time to really understand what they are getting into.

Seyenna
on 6/3/15 8:55 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

It's common to get stalled by the dietitian, but I promise it'll be worth the wait in the end. Good luck!

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

kaymommy
on 6/3/15 9:48 am - Bradford, Canada
RNY on 02/12/16

That must be frustrating. It's hard when your all geared up to go but then realize your not as ready as you thought you were. Which hospital are you at?         

BUFFY M.
on 6/3/15 10:57 am - Bobcaygeon, Canada
RNY on 11/23/15

I'm at Humber River. It's frustrating but I know it's all to help me. I just hope the surgery is done before the end of the year. I'd rather not travel during winter months. 

DebColCam
on 6/4/15 12:02 pm - Canada
OMG now I am nervous...I have my trio appt. on Monday at HRRH and from what you shared I may not pass the dietician either...I have been working hard on the emotional part of my eating and not as hard on the logging weighing and measuring....and then there is the food funerals along the way. My choices haven't exactly been balanced either and we still eat out a far bit. oh boy...I still have a ton of work to do. Thanks for sharing it helps to know what they are expecting.

5 yrs of research Starting for the second time...Referral Sept 28/17. Orientation Guelph Sept 28/17. Nurse Oct 10/17. Dietician & Social worker Nov. 21/17

BUFFY M.
on 6/4/15 12:11 pm - Bobcaygeon, Canada
RNY on 11/23/15

Just make sure you answer her question correctly. Sugar is to be under 10 grams and fat under 3 grams. 

Include a protein, starch and vegetable with each meal and space them 4-6 hours apart. 

Make sure you tell her the changes you have begun while waiting.

Good luck. 

DebColCam
on 6/4/15 12:13 pm - Canada
thanks I should add you as a friend and then we can keep in touch...I was hoping to get mine done before the snow flies too.

5 yrs of research Starting for the second time...Referral Sept 28/17. Orientation Guelph Sept 28/17. Nurse Oct 10/17. Dietician & Social worker Nov. 21/17

iceblaze3k
on 6/4/15 3:19 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/18/15

Honestly I think its wayyy more subjective on their end, you can be as prepared as you'll ever be and still possibly get a 2nd appt. Just build it into the timeline.

Molly83
on 6/6/15 6:52 pm - Canada

Were you told you needed to know about the surgery and the risks? Told what food to eat, timings and amounts of sugar and protein before your appointment? 

I have my dietician appointment on July 24 and was told to keep a food log and bring it in. Nothing about what I should eat. I'm concerned they will not be impressed with me. Looks like I should revamp my meals now!

1st referral-June 2014, sent back and resubmitted September 2014. Wrong referral-medical not surgical. December 22-Surgical Referral sent in.

March 2, 2015-Orientation session; April 8, 2015-Blood work completed; May 12, 2015-Intake appointment; July 24, 2015 Dietician/Behaviourist; August 26, 2015 Pre-surgery class; September 21, 2015 Meet the surgeon; SURGERY NOVEMBER 13, 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics