What are you eating/doing today? (Wednesday)

Onward and
Downward

on 6/3/15 1:33 am, edited 6/3/15 1:35 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Well, it's been a long time since I started one of these threads. :) Thanks for welcoming me back, folks!  I'm up in the middle of the night because I crashed so early last night, so I thought I'd get up and plan my meals for the day, including taking some salmon out of the freezer to thaw for dinner tonight.

Before I leave for work this morning, I'll throw it into some marinade - found a recipe here that looks pretty good, and not much sugar in the marinade: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/glazed-sesame-salmon

I'll have to figure out how to alter it for my husband's portion - he is allergic to sesame. I'm sure I can figure something out. I think I might have some peanut oil that I can use in his, and then I can sprinkle shaved almonds on it for baking, maybe.  We'll see.

Yesterday was a good following-the-plan day, mostly, although I did add something to dinner - I made a raita out of Greek yogurt to go with the asparagus. I just had this craving for it, so I thought, what the heck. It's got protein in it. And I have some left over today to bring for lunch, happily.

2.5 YEARS POST-RNY

B - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/stevia mix, topped with 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries (I never get sick of this)

S - About 1/3 cup (I think?) of leftover raita, with a carrot cut into sticks. Also, a vanilla Premier Protein shake sometime before or after to get me through the morning.

L - 1/4 cup of my mom's chicken spread I found in the freezer the other day and took out to thaw in the fridge, on a slice of P28 bread

S - 1/2 Quest cookies and cream bar for the sweet craving in the afternoon. Ran out of wasabi peas, but no room for them in my totals today anyhow.

D - Sesame-glazed salmon, with some baked asparagus on the side

S - 1 homemade skim milk decaf cappucino

TOTALS: 126g protein, 54g fat (ah, that salmon), 91g carbs, 24g fiber, 1320 calories

Have a great day, everyone! And now, I think I'll try going back to bed for a bit and see if I can get a couple more hours of sleep!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

crqvingchange
on 6/3/15 3:55 am

Good morning everyone.  OandD your menu sounds soooo good, and your protein numbers are very impressive.  My back is feeling a little better today.  I took Pat's advice and stayed out of the garden.  My doctor said back in January when I injured it that it would take 6-9 months to heal, and sometimes I do tend to overdo things, thank you guys for all your well wishes yesterday.  You're the best.

Today it's swimming, gentle yoga, errands, and household drudgery.

10 months post op

B. Large decaf coffee, protein coffee shake

S. Skinny latte

L. Shrimp with a small amount of cajun mayo stuffed into small avocado halves

S. Another decaf iced

D. Beef with a little gravy and mashed potato

S. turkey pepperette

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Onward and
Downward

on 6/3/15 5:43 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks CC - I'm looking forward to eating it! I'm finding the planning so helpful - why did I ever stop? :)

Glad your back is feeling a bit better. Yes, sometimes we really do just need to give our bodies a rest and let them heal.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Zizzler
on 6/3/15 4:09 am

Good morning!  Onward your menu looks really awesome.  I have been meaning to try baking salmon, your recipe looks delicious.

Really happy that our farmers market is open, picked up some great local stuff and the taste is fantastic.  I had been skipping it as I was working most weekends but I am glad I went. They were out of spring garlic, I will get some next time.

9 months post op

b - 1/2 strawberry gnc lean protein shake, xl decaf coffee...later other half of shake

s - plain greek yogurt with a small banana

l - leftover chicken and broccoli in light alfredosauce

s - hot turkey mini pepperettes from Bearbrook Farms, a local producer, these are fantastic btw

d - leftover asparagus wrapped in bf ham, looking forward to eating these, yum!, local tomatoes from farmers market, sliced, with salt and pepper

s - half a slice of p28 bread with local tomatoes, salt and pepper, margarine, mayo

all water and vits

Onward and
Downward

on 6/3/15 5:45 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks Z - in fact, I didn't have any sesame oil in the house at all, not even for my portion! Nor rice wine. So I made a couple of substitutions and I'll just pile a ton of sesame seeds (which I do have) on my portion. So at least I was able to marinade it all together.

I'm so looking forward to going to the farmers market again! Can't wait for strawberries!

Zizzler
on 6/5/15 4:52 am

Omg yes to local strawberries!  I can't wait!

new_me180
on 6/3/15 4:40 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Good morning all. Glad you're feeling better CC.

19 months post op

B - pumpkin pancake, 1/2 tbsp pb

L - salmon cakes (homemade) hope they come out good, 1/3 cup cucumbers

S - 1/4 cup banana, 1/2 tbsp pb, 4 pork rinds

D - 1/4 cup sweet potato, 2.5oz corned beef, 1/3 cup cucumbers

S - leftover corned beef, cappuccino

Tried to add the extra snack last night but was a no go. At least i wasn't hungry, so that worked out, lol

Totals: 812 calories, 39 carbs, 39 fats, 84 protein

Have a great day all, Nia

Onward and
Downward

on 6/3/15 5:46 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hi Nia - I haven't had salmon cakes in ages. I should look up a recipe for that sometime. I think Eggface might have a good one. Let us know how yours turn out!

new_me180
on 6/3/15 2:36 am, edited 6/3/15 9:06 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

They actually came out great and they taste fantastic. I got 3 patties out of mine and here's what i did:

135g boneless skinless salmon

1 large egg, 1 tsp parmesan

1/8 cup peppers and onions 

1 tbsp philly smoked salmon light cream cheese

paprika, cayenne, mixed it all up and it stayed together real well and i didn't add any flour or crumbs

96 calories, 14g protein each

edited for sp

Zizzler
on 6/3/15 1:51 pm

Salmon cakes sound great, I have 3 cans in my pantry I keep meaning to use...

Most Active
Recent Topics