I'm Back

eloquent_daydreamer
on 6/6/15 5:48 pm - Canada

Hello all,

I'm backkkkkk......just wanted to pop in and say hey.  I missed OH so decided to come back and just ignore the haters. How has everyone been? What's new?

Seyenna
on 6/7/15 7:57 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Glad to see that you're back, hope all is well.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

JosMcFadden
on 6/7/15 7:59 am - Oshawa, Canada

Yay!! :)

1st Referal @ HRRH: Sept. 17, 2014; Orientation @ HRRH: Nov. 24, 2014; 2nd Referral @ TWH: Nov. 27, 2014; Orientation @ TWH: Jan. 7, 2015; SW: Jan. 22, 2015; Nutrition Class: Feb. 2, 2015; Sleep Test: Feb. 13, 2015; Psych: Feb. 18, 2015; Dietitian: Feb. 20, 2015; Nurse: Feb. 23, 2015; MTS: Dr. Todd Penner June 19, 2015; Surgery: Sleeve, July 20, Dr. Penner.

northernga1
on 6/7/15 10:40 am - Elliot Lake, Canada

welcome back, you should post an update on how you are doing :)

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

birdiegirl
on 6/8/15 2:25 am

Who are the haters?  I just read back thru your last post where many people disagreed with you politely - yet you held onto your position like a dog with a bone - then deactivated.

OH is a great resource in so many ways.  It has helped me more then anything else in the past 7 years of pre and post op life.  I made many mistakes along the way but learned from them.

I am glad you have pulled your horns in enough to come back to this site - however the dig at all the people who tried to have a discussion with you really is unnecessary in my opinion....and I wasn't one of the posters involved in your goodbye thread.

eloquent_daydreamer
on 6/22/15 6:45 am - Canada

I'm not pointing fingers at people.  I posted my opinion and honestly what I thought, what I was looking for was if other people had cold feet at specific times going through the process, I also explained that if I only had 100 lbs to lose I would not personally go through with this surgery.  That is not saying that other people that have 100 lbs to lose shouldn't have surgery or go through the surgery as some people have medical issues or personal reasons why they want to have the surgery for example trying multiple diets and gaining the weight back etc. I never said that everyone who only has 100 lbs to lose shouldn't have WLS.  I said that I feel that a lot of people do jump to having the surgery.  However that was the past and yes there were haters that jumped on me for my opinion and decided to make me out to be a bad person for saying what I said, when I am not a bad person for saying what I said.  Don't agree with me fine, I didn't ask you or anyone else to agree with me or what I said.  But I also didn't deserve to be told off for what I said either.  Also I don't have "Horns to pull in" to come back to the site.... I am not a devil if that is what you are insinuating?  I am here to meet people who are on the same journey that I am on and be there for people who want someone to talk to.  I am sorry that some people have to be touchy about certain subjects.

Referral- Oct 24th, 2014//Info Session HRRH- Dec 15th, 2014//Meet w/Surgeon (Dr. Hagen)- June 17th, 2015//Trio Appointment- July 21st, 2015

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard

Dixie1969
on 6/8/15 5:22 pm

welcome back

I am glad you posted again. Im still pre-op and getting a little nervous about my up coming surgery. I have learned so much on this sight.  Some really great stuff and some that I don't really agree with but it's others opinions.  How have you been doing ?

keep your chin up

PaulaToronto
on 6/10/15 9:12 am - Toronto, Canada

Welcome back Kat.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

eloquent_daydreamer
on 6/22/15 6:50 am - Canada

Hey all! 

I have been good and as of June 10th, 2015 I have lost 71 lbs! :) I have some amazing supporters who have been there for me through thick and thin who I am so lucky to have! I went from literally sitting on the couch to walking a mile a day.  I am also going to start weight training shortly.  I did meet with the surgeon on June 17th, 2015 and he wants me to lose another 100 lbs before having surgery to bring down the risk.  I am 533 lbs right now and he wants me to be around 440 lbs so I now have a goal that I want to be around 400 lbs before I have WLS.  I am going to start moving more.  I am going to start going out for a walk twice a day plus adding weight training and trying not to cave and eat junk! That has been my biggest downfall (that I still the odd time crave the junk).  But I am really, really happy with my progress so far because honestly I have lost 71 lbs in just shy of 4 months!! I CAN DO THIS!! I want to give myself another 4 months and really, really stick to not eating junk and moving my butt some more and hope I can be down another 100 lbs at least! :) How is everyone????

Referral- Oct 24th, 2014//Info Session HRRH- Dec 15th, 2014//Meet w/Surgeon (Dr. Hagen)- June 17th, 2015//Trio Appointment- July 21st, 2015

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard

Most Active
Recent Topics