SKIN & WRINKLES

TaraB3660
on 6/10/15 7:46 am

Hello everyone! I am trying to be pro active. I have a few friends who have lost weight. And we all know sagging skin will most likely be an issue. But more then that I notice one friend has a very sunken looking face and her wrinkles are all the sudden very prevalent. So I want to be proactive, I know the sagging skin with happen and the wrinkles to, but my question is does anyone have and recommendations for skin creams and products that will help these issues?

Dreamy74
on 6/10/15 8:30 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi TaraB3660.  I had my surgery Feb 4th and 6th and have lost 70 pounds.  I have 75 pounds more to go, but my face is indeed showing wrinkles with my new found weight loss and I am getting a floppy chicken neck where my double chin used to be.  I highly recommend Paula's Choice products - they are expensive but really good and come with a 60-day money back guarantee if you are not happy.  www.paulaschoice.com

I also am using two other moisturizers - Olay Total Effects 7 Signs of Aging and MAC Prep and Prime Serum and find that they are making my skin very soft and less dry which does help to keep wrinkles at bay.

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

TaraB3660
on 6/10/15 9:03 am

WOW LADY YOU ARE DOING AMAZING. CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHTLOSS. YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF. THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE INFO. I AM NOT A VAIN PERSON BY ANY MEANS, BUT I JUST WANT TO MINIMIZE THE EFFECTS. THX AGAIN AND I WISH YOU CONTINUED SUCESS.

tatirod
on 6/10/15 5:53 pm - Toronto, Canada

I have gone to spas for regular facials for about 10 years ( I am pre-op). Several of the people have told me creams don't really help, if you notice they improve "the look of"... Wrinkles, lines, firmness and not the actual condition. There are cosmetic procedures like IPL, microdermabrasion, and Skin rejuvenation that Actually improve the underlying layers of skin. These are done in-office with practically no downtime (meaning they are noninvasive, nonsurgical). 

Rejuvenation on has the best results for wrinkles. You can often find deals on groupon. Here is a spa in Toronto with before/after pictures of actual clients. 

http://www.skinbydesign.ca/?page_id=68

Referral: February 2015; TWH Orientation: April 2015; Social Worker: June 10, 2015: Nurse Practitioner: June 11, 2015; Nutrition Class: June 15, 2015; Psychometry Assessment: June 16, 2015; Nutrition Assessment: July 22, 2015; NP follow-up: July 28, 2015; Surgeon Consult: August 28, 2015; Surgery: November 6, 2015; Operation: VSG

tatirod
on 6/10/15 5:56 pm - Toronto, Canada

Ps. I still use creams. I find a good serum really makes a difference. For me, philosophy's When Hope Is Not Enough is the only think that keeps my skin in decent shape in the winter. My husband started using it and his male friends asked if he had work done. 😄

Referral: February 2015; TWH Orientation: April 2015; Social Worker: June 10, 2015: Nurse Practitioner: June 11, 2015; Nutrition Class: June 15, 2015; Psychometry Assessment: June 16, 2015; Nutrition Assessment: July 22, 2015; NP follow-up: July 28, 2015; Surgeon Consult: August 28, 2015; Surgery: November 6, 2015; Operation: VSG

Most Active
Recent Topics