Melting has Begun

MeltingMindyLoo
on 6/20/15 10:59 am - Sudbury, ON, Canada
RNY on 07/21/15

I've been given my appointment for my pre-op appointment.  June 25th. Then I will do three weeks of optifast before my surgery on July 21. 

Because I feel that my liver cannot ever be small enough. ..this week I started a two-week modified protein program. Protein shakes for meals, with clear fluids and fresh veggies. There have also been a coupme preplanned dinner parties. 

Anyhoo, I started this on Monday, at at my weekly weigh-in at Weigh****chers. ...I was down 9.8lbs. Whee!!!

37yo, 5'8". HW: 396lbs, CW: 276.6

Seyenna
on 6/20/15 11:30 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Good for you for being proactive, you'll do well I'm sure of it. Good luck! It'll be here before you know it. 

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

mynderella
on 6/20/15 7:02 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Even on opti, I logged it.  Everyone seemed to think that was a good idea so that when you actually start eating food, it will be a habit.  Good luck!

Dreamy74
on 6/22/15 12:35 am, edited 6/22/15 12:35 am
RNY on 02/04/15

MindyLoo I too had the same thought - that my liver wouldn't shrink enough on opti.  I was 290 at time of surgeon's appointment and so had to do opti for 3 weeks.  When I met the surgeon I got a surgery date 20 days later so had to trek out to Mississauga to pick up my Opti and start right away.  I had planned on doing a naturopathic cleanse diet a week before having to start opti, as I had had a liver ultrasound a year before and was told I had borderline non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.  But because of the quick date, no pre-opti diet for me.  My last meal was a venti 4 shot Starbucks latte haha and when I did opti I lost 17 pounds.  I told Dr. Aarts my concerns about my liver not shrinking enough (on the day of surgery) and afterwards she said my liver looked amazing and didn't get in the way at all.   So I have faith that opti will do it for you but kudos to you for doing a protein program, that is awesome and will make your transition to opti all the better as you will likely have less carb withdrawal.  Good luck and let us know how you get on.  I am sooo happy for you that you have your surgery date! It will be here before you know it.

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

Most Active
Recent Topics